We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cushnie Cottages - Hanalei -Kauai

tucson
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
Cushnie Cottages - Hanalei -Kauai

Does anyone have any information on Cushnie Cottages -Hale Maile house in Hanalei? Thanks in advance.

tucson
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cushnie Cottages - Hanalei -Kauai

We are traveling to Kauai in May 2008 with our two young sons and are looking to stay in Hanalei. Does anyone know if this area would be good for kids? We wanted a place close to the beach but affordable. Any help anyone could give would be appreciated. Thank you.

vancouver
Level Contributor
96 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cushnie Cottages - Hanalei -Kauai

I don't know about the cottages but my children loved Hanalei and especially boogie boarding in Hanalei Bay.Snorkelling next door in front of the Princeville Hotel was good.My children are 12 and 9 but my wife(over 50 sshhh!)tried surfing for the first time and soon after her lesson started she was actually standing up and coming in on the waves.I'm sure you will enjoy a great family vacation.

tucson
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cushnie Cottages - Hanalei -Kauai

Thank you for your response. Hanalei Bay looks beautiful and the cottage we are looking at is just past the elementary school on the mountain side of Kuhio Highway. Does anyone have any info about that neighborhood or that area? It's our first time to Kauai and I want it to be great!

Thank you.

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Tucson
Level Contributor
3,298 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cushnie Cottages - Hanalei -Kauai

Hello from a fellow Tucsonan!

Hanalei is certainly a great place for a family. However, my experience is that it is really difficult to find a place there that is both close to the ocean and affordable. From the pictures on the website, I'm pretty sure I have driven right by the house several times, but have never seen the inside. The rates certainly seem reasonable for the area.

The possible drawback would be that the unit is right on the road and you will likely have a fair amount of road noise. You are also 3-4 blocks from the main part of Hanalei where all the shops and restaurants are located. You're only about 2 blocks from the beach and in May the water should be calm enough for swimming and boogie boarding.

tucson
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Cushnie Cottages - Hanalei -Kauai

Thank you for your response. I think we may just hope for the best and book that cottage. Everything I have read about Hanalei sounds wonderful. Wish us luck!

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
1 post
140 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cushnie Cottages - Hanalei -Kauai

Hi - I just booked the cottages for August. Please respond to this thread once you get back so that we can go prepared.

tucson
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Cushnie Cottages - Hanalei -Kauai

I will definitely let you know. I figure bad news would travel alot faster than good, so we decided to give it a shot.

new jersey
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cushnie Cottages - Hanalei -Kauai

did you stay at cushnie cottage - how was it? we want to book in april.

9. Re: Cushnie Cottages - Hanalei -Kauai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2009, 04:19