We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spring Break ?

Eagle River, Alaska
Level Contributor
1,266 posts
Save Topic
Spring Break ?

Just wondering what the dates are for spring break in Hawaii this year.

Thanks

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
14,256 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spring Break ?

My kids start Spring Break on March 20th and go back on the 30th. It's a publilc school in central California. The private schools and colleges may have different dates (possibly earlier in March).

Monmouth Junction...
Level Contributor
106 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spring Break ?

My son's college break in NJ is around March 17-21... we'll be on Kauai that week :-D

California
Level Contributor
35,261 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spring Break ?

Did you mean when do kids on Kauai get out of school for break?

Spring break in Northern CA are the first week of April. Colleges get out the second and third week of March.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,957 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Spring Break ?

Here in Oregon, Spring Break is from March 22-31. We will be on Maui from the 22nd thru the 29th. If you are looking to avoid spring break time, I'd pretty much avoid most of the month of March, and the first week or so in April.

BC Canada
Level Contributor
511 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Spring Break ?

Hi Gilbert

If you are concerned about crowds on Kauai during spring break, we were there the last two weeks of March last year. Previous 3 years we had been there in Feb.

Honestly, we didn't notice any bigger crowds anywhere or lineups or anything different although we had been warned about it.

Eagle River, Alaska
Level Contributor
1,266 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Spring Break ?

We will be in Kauai for the last 2 weeks of March. (Last year we were there for the first 2 weeks of March).

Was just wondering when the locals will be out of school.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
203 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Spring Break ?

Gilbert:

I did a quick search online for kauai school calendars and found several.

I looked at 3 (there were more) and found the dates to be March 17th thru March 28th.

I would assume this is island wide, but I did NOT look at all of the calendars.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
19,270 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Spring Break ?

Some call it Spring Break, some call it Easter Vacation. LA City Schools are off the week before Easter, March 17th and going back Monday, March 24th. I know lots of people going that week to Hawaii, from this area for vacation.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
37,558 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Spring Break ?

aloha Gilbert - escaping winter again?? Sounds lovely, even with school kids - at least you know on Kauai you can always find some quiet corner. Have a great trip! :)

10. Re: Spring Break ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2009, 19:18