We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Side of Plane?

Madison, WI
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
Which Side of Plane?

Less than 48 hours to go! I am going to check in for our flight online tomorrow and wondered if one side of the plane might have nicer views than the other...although I am sure it will all be nice :)

We fly from Denver to Honolulu and then to Lihue.

denville, nj
Level Contributor
700 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Side of Plane?

On the flight from Honolulu to Lihue the best views are from left side (as you face the front), the right side if you're looking from the front to the back of the plane.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,066 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Side of Plane?

Depends on what you want to look at -- and which way the wind is blowing.

Hawaiian air usually to comes in at such an angle that I like to sit on the right side of the plane to see the east coast and the Anahola Mountains out the window upon approaching Kauai.

From the mainland to Honolulu, the left side of the place usually offers views of the coast as the plane approaches Oahu - though sometimes they have to turn and both sides get a view - one at a time.

For me, the few minutes of view from the air isn't as important as sitting where I won't be battling elbows with my seat mate during the meal, on the long flight. Righties should sit on the right and Lefties should sit on the left of each other, no matter which side of the plane. If you like to get up a lot, sit by the aisle, if you don't like to be bothered by others asking you to get up so they can get out, sit by the window or in the middle section.

Have fun!

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
9,509 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Side of Plane?

The best views would be the OUTside of the plane but the warmest would be the INside...lol

As was pointed out, depends on the wind direction which way the plane will land. No matter where you sit you will be ariving in paradise so if you don't get to see it right away, no biggie.

4. Re: Which Side of Plane?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2009, 15:19