We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waialeale "Blue Hole" hike

St. Louis, Missouri
7 posts
Save Topic
Waialeale "Blue Hole" hike

We are interested in hiking to the "Weeping Wall". Can this site be seen from the Blue Hole hike?

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Level Contributor
307 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Waialeale "Blue Hole" hike

My wife and I did this excursion in November 2006. The tour begins with a 4x4 ride through some rough roads, through a stream, an then on two-track. The 4x4 is a 15 passenger an which is spacious as we had three other couples with us. If I remember correctly, the hike is about 1-1.5 miles(2-3 miles out-and-back) and is not strenuous. You will walk through the "Jurassic Park" gates early in the hike. The hike ends at a boulder strewn creekbed where you will have some snacks and admire the view. You WILL NOT hike all the way to the base of Waialeale but, if it recently rained, you will see many distant waterfalls cascading down the walls of Waialeale. Bring a video camera!

Displaced Mountain...
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Waialeale "Blue Hole" hike

To answer this question accurately: to reach the Wai'ale'ale crater a serious, committed, hopefully guided, and strenuous hike is required.... or a helicopter ride. As previously mentioned, there are beautiful views that can present themselves to you also if you can brave a 4WD road without needing to actually reach the base of Wai'ale'ale.

3. Re: Waialeale "Blue Hole" hike

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 February 2010, 06:19