We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question for previous Pono Kai renters

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,116 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Question for previous Pono Kai renters

If you stayed on the 2nd floor or ground floor at the Pono Kai did you notice much noise from the unit above you? We are looking to rent on the 2nd floor and wondered about noise.

Also, has anyone stayed at this vrbo rental at the Pono Kai? What was the bathroom like? Was there a clear view to the ocean or are you looking through trees?

www.vrbo.com/172967

Bellefontaine, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,102 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Question for previous Pono Kai renters

Funny they show neither one on the web site, I can see why you ask.....I hope someone answers your question....

oregon
Level Contributor
1,320 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question for previous Pono Kai renters

We stayed at the Pona Kai a few years ago on the 2nd floor. OMG, I swear the people above us were running marathons at 6:00 in the morning! I think they had a little kid up there that would run back and forth. It was VERY annoying.

Southern CA
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Question for previous Pono Kai renters

We have stayed at Pono Kai on the third floor and were embarrassed at how squeaky the floors were when we walked. It sounded like we had lots of kids running around with us when that wasnt the case. Even just walking down the hallway was loud. I can imagine if you had kids or a large family above you that it would be very noisy.

What building is the unit you are looking at on VRBO? I didnt see that it was mentioned and not all of the buildings have ocean views.

Hope this helps.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,116 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question for previous Pono Kai renters

The unit mentioned is in building G - not completely ocean front IMO. They also tell me it's a sturdy building so there should be no noise from above. Two of you on this forum tell me otherwise and I believe YOU!

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,064 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Question for previous Pono Kai renters

PM me with your email and I'll send you a list of Pono Kai rentals by owner that are not necessarily listed on vrbo.

We've rented an oceanfront, 3rd floor unit and were very happy with it. 2BR, so the master was oceanfront; I don't know how the 1BR's are set up, but I suspect the BR is in the back. However, we found it very quite. Get a 3rd floor if possible, and as far away from the road as possible.

6. Re: Question for previous Pono Kai renters

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 01:18