We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bellefontaine, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,102 posts
1 review
Save Topic

My husband and I are leaving thursday morning for Kauai. This is our fourth trip, and we always stay at Wailua Bayview Condos..We are thinking of looking at other condos for next year. We are looking towards Poipu, can anyone help me search for the best deal!!

Kauai / Los Angeles
Level Contributor
2,004 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: condos?

Say hello to Fred! What unit are you staying in?

BC Canada
Level Contributor
511 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: condos?

We've spent 2 trips at Kuhio Shores in Poipu on the road to Spouting Horn. Right across the street is Prince Kuhio, which are slightly less expensive.

We love Kuhio Shores because our condo was 16 paces from our lanai to the ocean with nothing between us and the turtles, surfers and spouting whales. We slept on the pullout couch in the living room so we could listen to the waves all night. The condos are all different because the owners are all different, but you can get a good idea from their individual web pages.

We loved the first floor because we only had to pull our chairs out onto the grass and watch the incredible sunsets every night, and also didn't have to deal with stairs or elevators.

The Beach House is right next door and it is within easy walking distance to the Sheraton, Poipu Beach and Poipu Village Shopping Center.

We're going back for our third trip in Feb, and I'm already excited!!

Level Contributor
392 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: condos?

If you want to be RIGHT ON THE OCEAN, definitely Kuhio Shores, it's awesome! We stayed there for 3 weeks and didn't want to leave. You can rent through individual owners, or from Kauai Vacation Rentals and Real Estate. All are easily Googled.

Seattle & Poipu
Level Contributor
145 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: condos?

For a place with ocean views, a great resort feel, very nice amenities, and beach access try Poipu Sands on the east side of the Poipu Kai area and next to the Hyatt.