We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Picnic - May 29th

Gig Harbor...
Level Contributor
4,157 posts
166 reviews
Save Topic
Picnic - May 29th

Great idea about a new thread Denny -

So I think it looks like we are all on! WOW

Now all we have to do is figure out who is bringing what - the other option is for everyone to just bring their own picnic. While the potluck idea can be fun, it could also get snaffued if head count is off or someone can't make it -

Since we will be in Princeville this will be the day we head early out early for day trip - so we will be roaming around south until noonish and head for the park to nail a spot. We'll either nose around Hanapepe or Koloa for a while.

My head count at this point is over a dozen of us for sure -

and yes the PM is working again

Princeville, Hawaii
Level Contributor
7,081 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Picnic - May 29th

Enjoy your picnic folks. Take pictures to go with the trip report.

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,793 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Picnic - May 29th

Les, thanks for starting the new thread. The old one had gotten confusing. I think the idea of "personal" picnic food is a good one.

For the record, would you state the definite time, place and plan?

Okotoks, Canada
Level Contributor
149 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Picnic - May 29th

We're on the north side at this point, but we will have wheels and can get to Poipu (was that the final decision?).

I, too, like the idea of personal bagged lunch.

How exactly do we spot the TA picnic? Will everyone be hunched over their laptops:)?

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,890 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Picnic - May 29th

Aloha from Kaua'i!

I certainly hope not--I don't even own one - LOL!

Most of the pavillions at Po'ipu Beach Park are to the east side of the keiki pool at the beach park - there is one to the west side - if you are lucky enough to "snag" one of these!

The park really isn't all that big so it should be fairly easy to spot people - I for one always wear a big white gardenia in my hair this time of year - you could look for that! Long, bushy brown hair and a gardenia - maybe that will narrow it down a little?

BYW - I met a TA person at the torchlighting last night - she very kindly introduced herself to me afterwards and her name is Anne - and she had the cutest little 7 month old boy with her! She will be there on Tuesday night as well for the group gathering that I think is still happening.

Malama Pono,

Janet

P.S. - I also like the idea of "personal lunches" - potlucks are a lot of fun here, but more of a challenge for visitors and more difficult to organize.

Gig Harbor...
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Picnic - May 29th

Aloha, as far as how to recognognize the TA group. If we happen to get there early I will be wearing a bright turquoise blue John Keawe t-shirt (my new favorite!)

As far as the laptop, well, since this is our anniversary day, If I bring my laptop I will be the one with the bright blue t-shirt, no hair and no arms and legs! Maybe even a few other bruises here and there. Someone please bring a shovel!

Just kidding on the bruises and such but laptop for me is definitely out! LOL

Gig Harbor...
Level Contributor
4,157 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Picnic - May 29th

Sorry I didn't post the time and location - 1p.m. at Poipu Beach Park - I am a bit rattled at this point because we are doing our pre-packing (leave in five & half days for BI) and tying up loose ends.

ooohhhh - gardenia's - love them! Janet I think I will know you since I was fortunate enought to see your Tahiti pics -

Well - we are a couple of contrasts, I am short brunette (have yet to determine just how short the hair will be by then) traveling with tall silver haired fellow who sports a ponytail and VanDyke style beard/moustache. I will do my best to try and get there in time to snag a spot - hoping the weekday timing works in our favor even around lunch time. I am thinking of buying a kite - so when I do I will let you all know what it is and you can look for it.

Hey - if somebody could snag that picture of Joan from next weeks TA at HT, we can make sure she is included... Denny? pzp?

No laptops - just a couple of grinnin' fools.

Reedsport, Oregon
Level Contributor
3,981 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Picnic - May 29th

Bringing our own lunch works for us too. We will grab something on the way from the airport. We will most likely swing into Costco real quick.

No laptop for us either. :)

Kansas
Level Contributor
44 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Picnic - May 29th

I will wear my TA hat. I'm short, blondish, 40ish, with my husband, redheaded newly 18 year old daughter, and 20 year old son.

I'll wear my TA hat and look for you all.

I like the idea of bringing our own lunches.

Now, if I can keep the family excited about this!

HUGS,

Charlotte

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,793 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Picnic - May 29th

I'll try to remember to wear my TA shirt and will probably be wearing a blue cap. Hopefully, DH, recognizable by his distinguished gray beard, will be there with me.

Reedsport, Oregon
Level Contributor
3,981 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Picnic - May 29th

I found my TA hat also and threw it in our bag. And I'll probably be in my "Red Dirt" shirt (very faded). The wife will be the one saying, "Why do you still have that old shirt?" ;)