We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wailua bayview #201

NORTH CAROLINA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
7,278 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
wailua bayview #201

anyone stayed here? did you like it?

found it on vrbo the price is right 125.00 a night and the 7th night free.it looks more than big enough for my daughter and i.she wants her own bed and it has a sofa bed also the lanai with a view looks great.

appreciate any feedback

mahalo marie

Washington State
Level Contributor
1,163 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: wailua bayview #201

I've stayed in this unit. see my review on the TA reviews page for this condo complex. Everything I said was true and I will definitely be back and stay again.

Their vrbo website is dead on with current pics and amenities.

I loved the beach a quick step down the stairs right below the unit.

You will see the remains of the Sea Shell restaurant below you but I didn't think it took away from the view at all.

we loved it. you can PM me if you want more details.

say howdy to the owner if you end up staying there. :)

Bellefontaine, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,102 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: wailua bayview #201

UNCMOM2011...

We have stayed here on 5 of our trips....When we stay here we pick a unit farthest from the road because of traffic noise.The units are usually nice. I have to say we were disappointed in our last stay. First they never had asked for a $500.00 damage deposit before and the last time they did, on top of security the deposit. The unit #211 was the worst unit I ever stayed in the bed was like sleeping on a box spring only, the bathroom needed remodeled and the screen doors to the lanai were ripped up. This unit looked as though there was no care put in the furnishings.

The lanai views are wonderful!!!! This is a very nice place to stay for the your money..I do not think you will be disappointed.

Choose a unit on the 2nd or 3rd floor so you have the view...The units are pretty well stocked with what you need.

If you have any questions PM me...

Enjoy your trip..

Enumclaw, WA
Level Contributor
789 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: wailua bayview #201

I *think* I stayed in #201, or maybe it was #301 about 7-8 years ago. Too long ago for any recollections I might have about the decor and amenities to be relevant! I do know it was the one on the very end, closest to the road, and when we reserved it (through Prosser Realty at the time) they mentioned that they usually didn't like to rent the end units because they were "unpopular" and they got many complaints about the road noise, but they'd make an exception this time because the rest of the complex was booked. When we got there, the unit did have the air of "worn but rarely used" about it, but it was clean so we didn't care. I am SURE all that has changed between then and now.

To tell the truth, I don't recall much about the road noise being a problem at all, having the end unit was kind of nice because you only have neighbors on one side, and you don't have loud-talking people trooping past your windows all the time--especially irritating in the early morning and late at night. The view was great--I SAW WHALES FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER FROM THAT LANAI, so it holds a special place in my heart.

Looking down over the abandoned Sea Shell (?) restaurant was also an interesting experience. The outdoor dining or bar area with what looked to be little "tiki-hut" like tables was severely overgrown and wildly beautiful with flowers everywhere, and absolutely teeming with birds and lizards. We got a kick out of just sitting on our lanai after beaching and sightseeing all day and unwinding with a rum punch and watching all the activity down below. The low stone wall at the edge of the drop-off to the beach was a favorite sunning spot for various types of lizards. I saw one of them rise up and display the most incredibly red inflation of his throat at some perceived threat--or perhaps to entice a girl lizard. I'll never know. But it was cool.

So, I think you'll have a great time there too.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,139 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: wailua bayview #201

We are staying in #201 in March 2009. I have no worries since I sorta know the owner and I know how much work he put into the place. What you see on the website is what you will get. My only fear was that there would be too much road noise but we always sleep with a/c on at night so I'm sure it will drown out any noises.

Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
2,219 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: wailua bayview #201

Wailua Bay View 201 is a well maintained unit and owner has done various things to minimize road noise. My understanding is that it is one of the few units that has A/C in the living room and bedroom. Most units at that location have A/C only in the bedroom.

Another poster mentions a $500 damage depost when they rented a different unit (#211). That person can clarify if they wish but possibly that renter rented through Condominium Rentals Hawaii(CRH) and in their confirmation they do mention a $500 deposit needed at check-in but that email should have been followed up with another email from Condominiums Rentals Hawaii indicating that that damage deposit not needed when renting at Wailua Bay View.

Bellefontaine, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,102 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: wailua bayview #201

CTinAZ.....That would be me, "the other person". YES you are correct about CRH, this Condo was thru them. They waived the fee since we were not informed during the process until we received the paper work in the mail, also since we had stayed 4 times previously.

I enjoy staying at Wailua Bayview because of locality and the ocean views.

I have never had a bad Condo (except #211 July 2007).

For the money this is a great place to stay and Fred will help you out any way he can....

So I recommend WBV, this is a relaxing place to stay...

NORTH CAROLINA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
7,278 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: wailua bayview #201

thank you all for your responses.

i think that #201 will be perfect for us the view from the lania is what seals it for me.we stay at the royal grove hotel in waikiki on oahu so we are not looking for high end accomodations and really can't afford the expensive places anyway who knows what the airfare will cost us for may 2009.

the deposit is only 200.00 so i think that is reasonable.i am so excited about visiting kauai even if it is a year off,but hubby and i will be on oahu this sept for 8 nights so i will get to see oahu at least and when we leave to come home i will know i will only have 7 mos till i visit again 1 week on oahu and 1 on kauai my daughter has never been to any hawaiian island.we waited until she went off to college last year to make our first visit to oahu lol.

mahalo again marie

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,075 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: wailua bayview #201

I'm sure you'll be happy in #201 for the many reasons noted above. Each of the units at Wailua Bay View are individually owned, so they are each furnished and maintained a little differently. That one is furnished very nicely and extra effort has been put into making it comfortable as as quiet as possible. If your daughter gets the whole living room to herself for a bedroom, she'll have a great view from "her lanai" indeed!

The current rental agency (Condominium Rentals Hawaii) took over the rentals for the majority of the units and there was a bit of confusion for a while regarding damage deposits, etc. They are in the process of implementing a "rating" system so that the renters will be able to choose from the more well cared for units or accept a poorer quality unit, presumably for different pricing. I'm not sure.

Some of the units have owners who frequently visit their units to upgrade them. Many of the units on the "closer to the road" side of the building have newer owners who have upgraded the units to the point where they are actually just as nice, if not nicer, than some of the units "further from the road" side of the building. I would rely on the rating system through the rental agency or use past guest comments when choosing which unit to rent directly from the owner. Most owners renting directly to visitors have some sort of guest book posted.

I should probably identify myself as an owner of a different unit at Wailua Bay View, which is why I'm familiar with the units and policies.

9. Re: wailua bayview #201

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 22:19