We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Surf lessons in Hanalei

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Level Contributor
304 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Surf lessons in Hanalei

In 2006 we took surf lessons in Poipu, at Nuikomo's, which were very good. This trip we are staying on the North shore and will be taking another lesson(my brother and his girlfriend have never surfed). We will be there at the end of October. Is the beginner surfing any better due in Hanalei Bay to the sandy bottom? Can someone recommend a surf school?

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
16,129 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Surf lessons in Hanalei

Hawaiian Surfing Adventures is based in Hanalei - I had a lesson with them a couple of years ago - I had the time of my life and stood up the first time out. I won't tell you my age, but I will say my grandson is 16. I highly recommend them, especially Chris as an instructor. They will go where the best surf conditions are - Hanalei was completely flat (this was in Sept) - we went to Kahili (Rock Quarry). They provide you with a rash guard too - rather than telling you to bring your own or a t-shirt.

3Chihuahuas

2. Re: Surf lessons in Hanalei

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 02:16