We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chun's

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,134 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Chun's

This post is likely off topic but I have been trying to find the answer without any success. Maybe someone here knows.

The country music group Sugarland have a video out that was shot on a Hawaiian Island but I can't find out which one. There is a store in the video called "Chun's" and I'm wondering if this is on Kauai. Anyone know if it is or where it might be?

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,887 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chun's

Aloha from Kaua'i!

Not familiar with the video (is it on YouTube?) but can't think of anyplace here called "Chun's" - maybe someone else knows more!

Malama Pono,

Janet

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,887 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chun's

Aloha from Kaua'i!

Checked it out on YouTube - definitely not Kaua'i - it looked like the Big Island to me - could be North Shore O'ahu, but I don't think so.

Malama Pono,

Janet

San Diego...
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Chun's

There is a Chun's Market in Hale'iwa on North Shore Oahu.

Wailua
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
1,828 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Chun's

Further off topic: here is an advertisement for Guiness beer filmed at Honopu Beach, on Kauai's Na Pali coast. There are only a few brief views of it at the beginning and end, but the arch is recognizable. The rest of the surfing was likely filmed elsewhere because I don't think it's a big wave beach.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJeXQniTKto

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,134 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chun's

Thanks to those that looked up Chun's for me. Perhaps it is on Oahu.

I love the song - it's very addictive!

California
Level Contributor
37,031 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Chun's

Kauaihiker:

Computer animation is amazing in this day and age. I'm sure that's how they did it.

Port Lavaca, Texas
Level Contributor
606 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Chun's

OK...which song is it?

Port Lavaca, Texas
Level Contributor
606 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Chun's

Never mind...I found it.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Level Contributor
885 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Chun's

I saw the article about Sugarland's video in this month's edition of Islands Magazine - it was north shore Oahu.

10. Re: Chun's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2009, 11:23