We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bali Hai Villas - what can you tell me?

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,826 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Bali Hai Villas - what can you tell me?

Can you tell me anything about Bali Hai Villas? Is the location good? What kind or location of unit should we look for? How close is it to Hanalei? These are questions for friends and I told them this forum would be the best place to get solid feedback. We would appreciate your opinions, etc.

Thank you and aloha!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,144 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bali Hai Villas - what can you tell me?

If you type Bali Hai Villas in the search box at the top left of this page it will bring up reviews and photos of the place. I hope that helps.

Princeville, Kaua`i...
Level Contributor
301 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bali Hai Villas - what can you tell me?

Aloha from Princeville...

Bali Hai Villas are located in Princeville, at the corner of Pepelani Loop and Ka Haku Road (the main entrance/exit road for Princeville). The drive "down the hill" to Hanalei is under 10 minutes.

Bali Hai Villas were the "newest" built Pahio timeshares (about 5 years ago)...which are now owned by Wyndham Resorts.

It's just down the street from our house, but I've never been inside any of the units. The exterior is nice; not sure if any units have a corridor ocean view (due to other resorts between Bali Hai Villas, and the bluff-edge).

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,826 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bali Hai Villas - what can you tell me?

Thank you. And yes, I had read the reviews and they were fairly inconsistent. That is why I hoped for direct thoughts from people whose responses I was used to.

So they are NOT an oceanview resort? I wondered, but they are being touted as if they are. Does anyone know anything further?

I appreciate it very much. Again, I am helping out some first timers and now they won't be there when we are so I want things to work out reasonably well for them.

Thanks again.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,144 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bali Hai Villas - what can you tell me?

Hello Saskatchewan! Go Riders!

If you go to Google and click on Maps then type in Bali Hai Villas, Princeville, Kauai you will see that they are not on the ocean.

Buford, Georgia
Level Contributor
3,603 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bali Hai Villas - what can you tell me?

I have toured the newer section of BAli Hai villas. I don't remember there being an ocean view. It's pretty far from the "cliff", so if any of the rooms do have an ocean view, it would be very distant.

As for the units, the newer condos that are owned by Wyndham are very very nice! They have all the higher class materials such as granite counter tops, stainless steel appliences, plush furnishings. They are beautiful. There are other units that are older and basically the ones still owned by the "Pahio" purchasers. I don't think they've upgraded those units, at least not all of them, because they're concentrating on trying to sell you on Wyndham. I do imagine the older units are still pretty nice, though. We own at one of the sister Pahio properties which gets about 2 or 3 units a year updated and we really do like the "Pahio" properties. Some of the units are getting a bit worn, but in our experience, they have always been very clean, quick with any maintenance that we've called for, and the grounds are kept nice (although at BAli Hai there is quite a bit of construction going on with all the new Wyndham units they're building). The pool area at Bali Hai is really nice--complete with a zero entry sand bottom pool that goes into a regular pool with waterfall. There's a sand bottom hot tub with waterfall next to the pool and there are lots of lounge chairs around the deck.

I would imagine the inconsistancy you read about with any of the timeshares may be that someone may have gotten an older unit as opposed to one of the new units. I don't know if you'ld have a choice of units if this is an RCI exchange. I imagine the resort tries to save the "better" Pahio units for the Bali Hai owners that haven't converted to Wyndham---but that's just speculation (and as an owner at Kauai Beach Villas, I've been able to ask which ones are more recently renovated and reserve them.) If you're using Wyndham points to get into the resort, I would assume you'll get one of the new units. Bali Hai is a rather large complex, so there are lots of units. I do believe they've all had new mattresses and bedding and such within the last 5 years or so, but stuff like the flooring, carpeting, furniture, is being changed out a little at a time.

The location is good if you like Princeville (have lots of money and like to golf on expensive golf courses). It's very much a residencial area---with a few expensive restaurants in some of the more expensive hotels there. It's just up the "hill" from Hanalei.

Depending on what time of the year you go, it could be pretty rainy there. But I wouldn't let thet stop me from going! The surf there on the north shore is most often rough in the winter, too.

All in all, if you were giving me the use of a BAli Hai unit, I'd take it in an instant!

6. Re: Bali Hai Villas - what can you tell me?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 23:16