We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pizzetta in Kapa'a takes a hit!

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,871 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Pizzetta in Kapa'a takes a hit!

Aloha from Kaua'i!

Apparently someone drove thru the Pizzetta in Kapa'a last night - as in really drove through! No one was hurt thank goodness!

Here is a link to the story:

http://www.kauaiworld.com/

Malama Pono,

Janet

P.S. - This same thing happened to Kintaro's a little while back - something in the air on the east side?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,134 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pizzetta in Kapa'a takes a hit!

16 years old, suspicion that he was under the influence and without a driver's license - there will likely be some serious charges laid. He's very lucky nobody was hurt. That would have been such a shock if you were sitting there eating or working there.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
288 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Pizzetta in Kapa'a takes a hit!

He couldn't wait to be seated.

Another drunken teenager. What do you think will happen to him? Him and his parents should be fined and locked up. But the parents are probably classmates of kpd, so he'll most likely get minimum.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,134 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pizzetta in Kapa'a takes a hit!

kealohanui: I thought the same thing when I saw the "Please wait to be seated sign" but just didn't type it! lol

Antioch, CA
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Pizzetta in Kapa'a takes a hit!

He thought it was a drive thru..

Reedsport, Oregon
Level Contributor
3,980 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pizzetta in Kapa'a takes a hit!

When we were there in June someone tried to turn the store in Koloa into a drive in. And that really sucked because it took out the Coke case and it was one of the few places we found Coke Zero's. lol

I think it's a conspiracy of a rouge contractor trying to get some business. But the other rumor I heard was all the drivers were checking TA for places to go and they saw Caddy's avatar and lost control of their car. ;)

Goodyear, Arizona
Level Contributor
180 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pizzetta in Kapa'a takes a hit!

We saw this early this morning. It was a red SUV?

Wailua
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
1,778 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Pizzetta in Kapa'a takes a hit!

And a few years ago, someone drove through one business (a gallery?) to crash into Orchid Alley, just a few doors down from Pizetta. The just yesterday, I saw someone took on a stone wall just up Haleilio Rd from the Wailua Family restaurant (which people still call Sizzlers--it used to be one). Both the wall and the car were wrecked. All drunk I suppose.

8. Re: Pizzetta in Kapa'a takes a hit!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2009, 02:17