We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Koa Kea Hotel

Franklin...
Level Contributor
228 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Koa Kea Hotel

Hello all:

Anyone heard about the new Koa Kea Hotel opening in April? We were going to decide between the Kiahuna Plantation and the Sheraton, and now this has popped up. On the website it said there were no avail rooms, but I called and they have rooms avail during our time. Their garden view room is comparable in price to the Sheraton garden rooms and the Kiahuna Plantation ocean view condos. Thoughts?

Venice, Florida
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
3,121 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Koa Kea Hotel

It looks like it is going to be a neat place. We dropped by in January, and they had a ways to go yet, tough. There might be a few kinks to be worked out yet inl April. However, if it was between there garden view and the Sheraton's, I think I might take a chance on Koa Kea. Kiahuna is condos -- it is kind of like comparing apples and oranges. All of these are close and on good beaches. If you are looking at more than a few days, you might want Kiahuna.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
754 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Koa Kea Hotel

Isn't the hotel opening in April? I stayed at Westin in May, a month after it opened. While I wasn't spending a lot of money, I would have been a bit unhappy if I were. The staff was new and not as knowledgeable as a more well-seasoned staff. The grounds were not finished and were being worked on while I was there. Many hotels do a soft opening, and continue to fine tune and finish everything after its official opening day. This means that your stay could potentially have some flaws and may not go as smoothly as possible. At the same time, everything is brand new and the price is probably lower than it would be this time next year. Personally, I would chose the Kiahuna condo, but it is always fun to stay at a new place...

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,809 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Koa Kea Hotel

Their website certainly looks wonderful! I'm looking forward to it opening and having a look, that's for sure. It should be quite lovely.

Ah, the joys of making a choice! Good Luck!

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
17,088 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Koa Kea Hotel

Comparing just the two hotels, Sheraton and KoaKea, if the price as you say is the same for the garden rooms then HANDS DOWN Koa Kea.

You'll be in a building that is oceanfront and in a place that is NEW. The Garden View units at the Sheraton are pre-hurricane, did not need to be razed, as the newer buildings there.

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,902 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Koa Kea Hotel

Aloha from Kaua'i!

The "official" word is that it is to open on April 15th - I was down at the Waiohai just yesterday afternoon and looking at the Koa Ke'a property -they look to have a ways to go yet - still lots of dirt piles around and no roadway that I could see. I believe construction is still ongoing.

What I could see of it looked lovely though - whenever they open!

Malama Pono,

Janet

6. Re: Koa Kea Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 15 May 2009, 06:18
7. Re: Koa Kea Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 November 2009, 06:41