We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hanelei Beach Houe

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
231 posts
87 reviews
Save Topic
Hanelei Beach Houe

Does anyone know this property in Hanalei?

http://www.hanaleibeachhouse.com/

It looks perfect, if a tad pricey. Is it in a good location? is that a nice part of the beach? I think there is a campground at that end, the Black Pot Camp? will that be an issue at all?

thanks for any info you have! Also, any other recommendations for small cottages/condos within walking distance of the beach would be welcome.

NORTH CAROLINA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
7,278 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hanelei Beach Houe

I found this place while researching our trip, we are not staying there but thought it looked nice it is in Hanalei close to the beach.

vrbo 52467

Aloha Marie

Seattle Washington
Level Contributor
812 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hanelei Beach Houe

It was one of the cottages we looked at when researching Hanalei. I did go inside while here. It is very compact with a galley style kitchen and very cozy living area. The living area and bedroom are facing the ocean so you would not get noise from Weke Rd. It has a very small yard, since it is subdivided from the main house. I don't know about noise from the campground since I have not stayed there. It would be great for 2 people, but would get claustrophobic for more than two people.

You might also look at www.balihai.com and look at Hale Maluhia along with Ka Ehu Kai. We are at Ka Ehu Kai right now and don't want to leave.

When are you traveling? Since that will make a difference in price along with how busy that area is. We got a very good price on our rental, but with high airfare and low occupancy everything was highly discounted, but perhaps not for the summer.

I am looking at a couple more small and larger houses in the AM for next year, since we will be traveling with friends. We really love it here. It is a great community and lot's of aloha. We also like walking and biking everywhere. I could go on and on but you can pm me if you have any other question.

Sally

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
231 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hanelei Beach Houe

thanks for the info, Sally. The house you are in, Ka Ehu Kai looks gorgeous, but its a bit out of our price range.

We are only 2, and we will be going in September. Hale Mahunia is already on our short list, but the steep access to the beach is a little bit of a problem/

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
231 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hanelei Beach Houe

wait, I was mistaken, got confused by the house names. Hale Maluhia does look very nice. But the $2800 price of the Hanelei Beach House is really the top of our price range already.

California
Level Contributor
37,635 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hanelei Beach Houe

Chinacat:

When looking for houses outside the vacation destination area or VDA, please make sure they are permitted. Starting this month they must be.

Hanalei is such a fun town and if you can find something nice within your price range I know you will enjoy it. Bali Hai Realty is a good source for finding nice rentals in this quaint area.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,594 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hanelei Beach Houe

At least we've found a Hanalei AC option outside of the Hanalei Inn!

Too bad it's $400 plus a night :(

denver, CO
Level Contributor
475 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hanelei Beach Houe

I believe the deadline is Mar 30th for approval of non-conforming use permit. There is still much debate going on concerning this bill see:

kauaiworld.com/articles/2009/01/18/news/kaua…

It will be interesting to see how this all ends up with the addition of today's economic situation.

Seattle Washington
Level Contributor
812 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hanelei Beach Houe

I'm off to a yoga class. I will report if I find anything that looks great after I look later at a few houses later this AM.

As for the VDA with so many rentals booked through December at Hanalei, Anini ect. I can't see the trying to relocate all the renters. No one I've talked to seems concerned as long as the owners have applied. I somehow don't see Hanalei being used for Ag land. (at least not in this area).

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
11,078 posts
491 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hanelei Beach Houe

we used hale pua kai for the last 2 times to kauai, and we love it. right across the small dirt street to the beach...love it , and can't wait to go back.

denver, CO
Level Contributor
475 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hanelei Beach Houe

All rental properties in and outside of VDA's need to have permits...outside VDA is a different permit because they are non-conforming. The Ag land situation is only PART of the bill. Hanalei town is non-conforming as far as I know.