We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TA Get together March??

rhode island
Level Contributor
901 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
TA Get together March??

Is anyone interested in perhaps meeting for a drink in Kauai in March. We will be in Kauai from the 22nd of March to the 26th and would love to meet some of you fine folks!

Mentioned in this post
Kauai
Kauai
Hawaii
pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
25,096 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TA Get together March??

I'm up for it.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TA Get together March??

Us too,

Denny and Erica

rhode island
Level Contributor
901 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TA Get together March??

Ok, this is great! We are flexible because we have no plans (isn't that great!) for those days so we can work around your schedules. Just pick a day and a location and we'll be there. We arrive late afternoon on the 22nd from Maui. We've only been to Kauai once so you all know the good spots to go. Looking forward to meeting you all.

Mentioned in this post
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
Kauai
Kauai
Hawaii
rhode island
Level Contributor
901 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: TA Get together March??

We were thinking of going to the torch lighting ceremony on Tuesday (my husband loves the keikis). Would this be a good place to meet? If not we can do whatever is best for everyone else. Aloha everyone!

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: TA Get together March??

sure....and we should be able to visit with janet..Koloa Girl, depending on her sked.

Last time, our trustworthy TA'ers got there early and staked out a couple of those love seat couches, and I beleive we may have scooted up an additional chair.....janet joined us after her naration, and brought flower leis for our TA ladies.

Not sure that will happen again, but she made the leis herself. I beleive she also went out and picked the flowers. Talk about aloha..What a gal !

Very nice ambiance there at the terrace in the Hyatt.

Lelani, and her hubby came over and visited with us for a bit, and that was also great.

Should be a very pleasant evening at the Hyatt, and torch lighting.

Denny

Mentioned in this post
Koloa
Koloa
Kauai, HI
pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
25,096 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: TA Get together March??

The torchlighting show is fun, but drinks and pupus are extremely expensive. You also have the choice of either visiting or watching the show. There tends to be too much going on during the show for visiting, and it's a shame to miss it.

I'd rather do Brennecke's for Po`ipu and Duke's Barefoot Bar or Kalapaki Joe's or Main St. Diner in Po`ipu.

In Wailua/Kapa`a, maybe Trees (tends to be quite on weekdays), or a picnic at Lydgate.

Mentioned in this post
Kalapaki Joe's Poipu
Kalapaki Joe's Poipu
782 Reviews
Kauai, HI
Wailua
Wailua
Kauai, HI
pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
25,096 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: TA Get together March??

Oops. I meant DBB, KJ or MSD in Li`hue.

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,999 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: TA Get together March??

Aloha from Kaua'i!

I would certainly be up for a TA get-together after the torchlighting ceremony at the Hyatt anytime - and if you sit towards the back of the room area you really don't have much trouble having a discussion - nor do you bother others around you.

Another option - we've met there before and then gone down to the pool area where they have tables and sat and enjoyed a good wala'au.

I like Brennecke's, but when we went there recently with Denny and Erica and some other TA visitors - it was pretty impossible to speak to anyone but the person you were seated immediately next to due to the noise volume.

I'm for having it someplace that we can all actually meet each other and talk - either at the Hyatt (by the pool or at the back of Seaview Terrace) or maybe having a pot-luck at Po'ipu Beach Park like we did last year - that was fun and we all got to meet and really have nice talks with each other.

Just suggestions - whatever works out best for the most folks is okey dokey!

Malama Pono,

Janet

Mentioned in this post
Seaview Terrace
Seaview Terrace
196 Reviews
Kauai, HI
pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
25,096 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: TA Get together March??

The bring-your-own picnic would be fun again, unless it's still cold out. Ah, well, I guess we can still wear long pants and sleeves. :0

Ajijic, Mexico
Level Contributor
77 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: TA Get together March??

Aw, bummer... I'll be there earlier in March, but leaving on the 16th. Well, you guys enjoy!