We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon Bed and Breakfasts...

Franklin...
Level Contributor
226 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymoon Bed and Breakfasts...

I promise this is the last question I will ask about lodging! After my TONS of research, I found that very few condos will rent for less than 7 nights during the holiday season. We do not want a hotel. Because of these restrictions, here are our final options, and we need help! HM is Dec. 21-26 of 2009.

Wanted a pool, near a beach (driving is fine, but just want to be in a nice ), hot tub or outdoor shower, nice hosts, nice furnishings, romantic. All of these have availability during our stay.

1) Dilly Dally House (the cottage room www.lolohale.com/

2) Marjorie's Kauai Inn (the Sunset view room)

www.marjorieskauaiinn.com/

3) Poipu Plantation B and B (the Alii Room)

http://www.poipubeach.com/poipu_rentals.htm

4) Private rental by owner (he seems great): www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p318482

Help! Thanks as always! You have helped us realize we don't want a hotel which has been really great!

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
14,256 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon Bed and Breakfasts...

Have you checked with these places on minimum stay during Christmas?

The only one that I'm familar with is #3. We stayed in one of their two bedrooms over 10 years ago and it was very nice. They are located behind Nihi Kai and just up the road (Pe'e Road) from Brennecke's Beach.

I do not remember any type of outdoor shower or hot tub on this property and they do not advertise this on their site. Also, you really cannot see the ocean except from the 2nd floor units.

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,256 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon Bed and Breakfasts...

#4 is located in the Regency area of Poipu Kai. Not far from the beach; they have a nice pathway from these condos to either the Hyatt to the east or Brennecke's to the south west. These are newer condos in the Poipu Kai complex.

Also, #2 is in the Lawai Valley. About 10 - 15 minutes from Koloa to the west. It does tend to rain a lot more in the Lawai Valley than Poipu or Koloa and that would concern me in December.

#1 is located in Kapaa, on the east side.

Franklin...
Level Contributor
226 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon Bed and Breakfasts...

All of these places have a 5 night min. stay which we can do, during x-mas, thank goodness! No pool, but they do have an outdoor and indoor jacuzzi for two- I called and asked!

Franklin...
Level Contributor
226 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon Bed and Breakfasts...

Also- anyone heard anything about the Palmwood B and B? I know it's further north...but, just another option.

NORTH CAROLINA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
7,251 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon Bed and Breakfasts...

We are staying in this condo in may it is on the east side in Wailua it is available then and I Did'nt see anything on there about min stays. The place does have a pool not sure about hot tub I'm not a hot tub person on the beach but not very swimmable from what I hear. The owner is very nice his name is Kevin. It looks nice and is very reasonable. Good luck in your search.

www.vrbo.com/54674

Aloha Marie

NORTH CAROLINA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
7,251 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon Bed and Breakfasts...

I'm pretty sure I read some trip reports on here about the Palmwood and I'm pretty sure they loved it.I went on the website and looked it looked very nice too me.

Aloha Marie

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,256 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymoon Bed and Breakfasts...

#4 is part of Poipu Kai and they DO have a hot tub and swimming pool. If you PM me, I can send you the layout in a PDF file of the Regency Poipu Kai.

Also, Palmwood looks fabulous but a bit pricey. thepalmwood.com/ThePalmwoodsite/…20Us.html

denver, CO
Level Contributor
475 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Honeymoon Bed and Breakfasts...

I have consistently heard good things about the Palmwood from honeymooners...put name in search box for reviews. Looks great to me!

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,634 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Honeymoon Bed and Breakfasts...

Hi, Saschb!

I hope you can get things nailed down soon..what a carry on for you. I have been by the last two of these, but don't have any real knowledge except to say that the reviews for #3 are quite wonderful! And recent. Hope they can help you...and that you can be done and sit back and relax!

Good luck!

Tacoma, WA
Level Contributor
278 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Honeymoon Bed and Breakfasts...

saschb - My husband and I are are staying at Majorie's in three weeks (sunset room). I've read great reviews on it and we're really excited. I'll be sure to post my thoughts when we return. :)