We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

helicopter or Zipline?

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
Save Topic
helicopter or Zipline?

My husband and I are going to Kauai on September 11th for our 25th anniversary. Trying to decide between the inter-Island helicopter tour for $189.00 per person and lasting 1 hour or the Kipu Falls Zipline Tou for $94.00 per person and lasting 3 hours. I want to do the one that is the most awesome regardless of cost. I just can'tafford to do both. Any advise?

Koloa Zipline
Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks
Princeville Ranch
Kayaking & Canoeing, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks
Skyline Eco Adventures
Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks
Just Live! Zipline Tours
Adrenaline & Extreme Tours, Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks
philadelphia
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: helicopter or Zipline?

Hello,

My wife and I just got back from Kauai a few weeks ago (boohoo) and we loved it. My suggestion though is definitely do the helicopter tour. Zipline would be a fun activity if that is what you are only looking for (activities), but doing the helicopter ride is something that is worth a lifetime. You will see parts of the island that you cannot see by car or boat. The views are magnificent. You just cannot compare. Kauai is beautiful and is not to be missed. You will see the immensity of the Napali coast, Waimea Canyon, the falls of the dormant volcana (forgot the name) and so much more. But if you are not into this, then ziplining sounds fun too. We went to Maui 3 years ago and ever since we did the helicopter tour there, we would do it on all the islands (providing we come back someday). PLease, if you have any further questions, feel free to email me:

lyda.hong@usa.dupont.com

we loved both our hawaiin trips and love talking about it. i love discussing it with others!!

lee

Pittsburgh, PA
Destination Expert
for Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1,107 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: helicopter or Zipline?

I agree with Goob. Take the helicopter ride. I've been ziplining (in Mexico) and that was a lot of fun, but you can do that anywhere and it will be fun anywhere. The helicopter ride will show you the amazing scenery unique to Kauai, and will show you things you have no other way to see. I was hesitant to spend the money it took for our family to go on a helicopter ride, but I was so glad we did. Truly a thrilling experience. We flew with Air Kauai, and thought they were great. One of us sat in front, one on the right side in the back, and one in the middle of the back seat. No problem with seeing from any of those spots, and the many many pictures we took were wonderful.

Denver
Destination Expert
for Poipu
Level Contributor
3,360 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: helicopter or Zipline?

Here are my photos from our trip and our heli tour with Inter-Island. I hope that will help you make your decision:

www.kodakgallery.com/BrowsePhotos.jsp…