We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hanalei Bay Resort

Escondido...
Level Contributor
375 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
Hanalei Bay Resort

I am a timeshare owner at the Hanalei Bay Resort and was wondering if anyone knows when the Bali Hai Restaurant will be reopened? I also hear that the Happy Talk bar is closed? I have not been to the resort in a few years and was wondering how the new owners are keeping up with the property. I have a trip planned for 2010 back to HBR. Any information is appreciated.

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,874 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hanalei Bay Resort

Aloha from Kaua'i!

I'm sure "jebett" will be around soon to answer your questions, but just so you know - I was up at HBR early last month - both Happy Talk and Bali Hai are still closed - they have a bar-be-que down by the pool and a new sundries shop also.

I've heard "jebett" say that Happy Talk should be opening soon - not sure of exactly when though.

The restaurant seems to be a different animal and a little more "vague" about opening on that.

"Jebett" - need your mana'o here!

Malama Pono,

Janet

California
Level Contributor
36,418 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hanalei Bay Resort

Parris,

Please PM me and I can give you a lot of information.

Escondido...
Level Contributor
375 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hanalei Bay Resort

Janet,

Thanks for the information. I did PM Jebet and am looking forward to what is up. I am glad that the Happy Talk bar ais re-opening soon. The B.B.Q. you are talking about, are they the old one's near the smaller pool? I tend to cook most meals in our unit and I do use the B.B.Q's alot. The sundries shop, is that the one near the main pool? Do you stay in the timeshare units or a private unit? How was the property looking? Thanks for any information.

Darla

California
Level Contributor
36,418 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hanalei Bay Resort

I can answer some of the questions for you.

1. They now serve a barbeque lunch near the large pool. The sundry shop is located under the Bali Hai Restaurant next to the timeshare offices. They sell gifts, magazines, snack items etc. In April the gazebo will become a massage area and you can also get poolside massages. As far as the Happy Talk, everything is in place to get it open. It is just up to the new owner, Celebrity Resorts, to follow through with their promise and open it. They needed to get a new liquor license and some new equipment and it seems they have. So now lets see what they do. The Bali Hai Restaurant will take longer to reopen because of the economy.

I was there is January and the grounds look great. They have been repainting some of the buildings and the front lobby is getting a mini face lift. The 2 common area bathrooms were redone last year. New pool loungers have been ordered.

So besides the bar being closed the resort is still one of the most beautiful spots on the NS.

Escondido...
Level Contributor
375 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hanalei Bay Resort

Thank you Jebett. I am looking forward to any other comments that you have on HBR on my PM. The first time I went to Kauai I fell in love with HBR. I just hope that it stays as nice it has been in the past.

California
Level Contributor
36,418 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hanalei Bay Resort

It is still gorgeous and I know you will have a wonderful stay at HBR. The St Regis Hotel (old Princeville Hotel) reopens July 1st and will be stunning from what I've heard. The Makai golf course is being redone and will look lovely too.

Just think! You own at one of the most beautiful spots on the island if Kauai. Those views!!!! If you stay at The St Regis you'd pay $800-1000/nt.

Buy a bottle of wine, put on some Hawaiian music and enjoy the sunsets. 2010 is a long way off and I'm sure many changes will occur at HBR by then.

7. Re: Hanalei Bay Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2009, 16:22