We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kaha Lani Resort-places for food

Jackson, WYoming
Level Contributor
253 posts
Save Topic
Kaha Lani Resort-places for food

We are staying here in November. I would be interested in

1) places to eat

2) places to buy food

My hubby and I are chefs , food does not have to be 'fancy' just good!

thanks for any ideas!

Laura

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,452 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kaha Lani Resort-places for food

See my response to "minnowhead" regarding grocery shopping and stores,either on this first page or page 2. See details for the Sunshine Farmer's Markets in the same post.

K.H. kitchens are fully equipped and some have lots of gadgetry. I assemble small packets of my favorite spices in saran wrap to carry with me..nothing fresh or green however, because of agricultural bans. You will love breakfast on your lanai. You are staying on the east side where the sun rises up out of the ocean every morning. New efficient gas grills are available most times in the pool area or just off the back parking area.

Safeway and Foodland markets are located 5-10 minutes north.

As I mention in the "minnowhead" post, courtesy cards are available from the cashier or courtesy desk. Safeway is much like mainland stores; Foodland has the usual items but more island fare.

From K.H. north, 5-10 minutes, to name a few of the closest:

1. Kintaro (Japanese)

2. Wailua Marina Restaurant (nice setting on Wailua River and

modestly priced good/down home local dinners).

3. Lemongrass (local and Thai)

4. Coconuts (island seafood, also beef)

5. Scotty's BBQ (gets raves)

6. Hukilau (island)

7. Papaya's (organic food and a cafe)

8. Eggbert's (breakfast/lunch in Coconut Marketplace)

9. Tropical Burgers (Coconut Marketplace)

See restaurant guides with menu samples in the airport kiosks with all the other literature for activities and lodging, etc. They have one for each region, e.g., Poipu area, east side and north to Hanalei/Princeville. These same guides are found at various businesses over the entire island.

Hope you get a great unit. You are exactly 4 miles or less than 10 minutes from the airport. I will be there 11/3 to 12/5 so, if you need further information, leave a note to say which unit you are in on the windshield of the gold Previa with the California plate (six spaces or so south of the Castle office).

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,452 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kaha Lani Resort-places for food

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29218-i304-k25792…

Copy and paste the above or scroll down to see "Goddess" post on page 1 here regarding Kauai restaurants.

Incidentally, this photo is from K.H. 3rd floor, looking from lanai, over pool and out to the ocean.

Jackson, WYoming
Level Contributor
253 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Kaha Lani Resort-places for food

cool! thanks for all the info.

We will be staying in unit 121...

here is there website...it SEEMS close to the water..we shall see

http://www.heavenlyshores.com

Laura

Jackson, WYoming
Level Contributor
253 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Kaha Lani Resort-places for food

BJBert- can you tell me about the beach at

Kaha Lani? when I questioned the owners agent about it she said it was swimmable for an 8 year old...

but now that I know the name of the condos ( I did not before I booked- my big mistake! ) I am finding reviews that the ocean right there is NOT swimmable.... I know lydgate is right next door but that was not really what I wanted.

Laura

Northern California
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Kaha Lani Resort-places for food

Here's my vote for favorite food on Kauai...

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29218-i304-k19640…

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,452 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kaha Lani Resort-places for food

I do not recommend swimming immediately in front of KL, ever. I am sorry your agent did not have that information to share before you made your decision. I wade to my ankles there, but walk the very short walk on the beach trail to Lydgate Park to swim in the rock-protected swimming area in the ocean. Your 8-year-old child will not only enjoy swimming there, but will enjoy the playground which is interesting and nicely done. South of the KL is another and newer playground, about a 5 min. walk on the beach trail from your unit.

I know it is scary to reserve an unknown through strangers, so I am guessing you got a better rate than Castle Resorts could offer for a similar unit. I would say for the convenience of the location on the island, ocean front location of your unit and its proximity to the ocean, you will enjoy your stay.

I went to the "heavenlyshores" website and viewed the accommodations. Always hard to tell from any commercial photo, but the unit looks well-maintained. It may interest you to know the whole complex was just recently repainted and the stairways redone. The buildings and grounds are lovely. I consider it a "heavenly place" and look forward to my approximately 8th visit to KL and 12th to Kauai.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,452 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kaha Lani Resort-places for food

Laura...another thought regarding swimming for your child. I am sure she will love the idea of swimming in the ocean a few times. Just know that the KL pool is good size. I have seen numbers of kids splashing about, enjoying their floats and toy items, while parents read or sun on surrounding lounge chairs and patio chairs and tables.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,452 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kaha Lani Resort-places for food

Laura, have you read these KL user reviews...will give you some idea how various folks feel about their stay.

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g60623-d8733…

Vallejo, California
Level Contributor
443 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Kaha Lani Resort-places for food

my eight year old LOVED both Kamalani playground and Lydgate, as well as playing in the pool, hunting for geckos, etc.

- you're staying in a gorgeous condo complex, and if you're like most people, you will visit beaches all over the island, just because you can! But curiously enough, my kids always wanted to come back to Lydgate.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,452 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kaha Lani Resort-places for food

Jolynda...would you recommend the breakfast buffet at ABR? Hot and cold table? Jacksongirl will be right next door, as you know. Lunch? Dinner? My friends called ABR to get on record their preference for the Maile side as you recommended. Thanx..bjb