We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hanalei Colony Resort Luau

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
14,429 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Hanalei Colony Resort Luau

We just received an email from HCR (we are staying there for 3 nights in late June) and they sent a brochure for a luau at the Mediterrean Gourmet Restaurant. Has anyone attended this luau? It looks interesting and since we are staying right there, this might be a great way to spend the evening.

Kailua, Hawaii
Level Contributor
734 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Hanalei Colony Resort Luau

Don't know about the Luau, but we had lunch there Friday, and it was great. The restaurant is just back from the beach, with a strip of grass between, and right next door to HCR. Different ownership.

Hank

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
754 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hanalei Colony Resort Luau

I just heard an ad for it on the radio and they mentioned that it was new. They also said they were limiting the amount of people to 80 so people can have a better experience. I guess now that Princeville no longer has a luau, HCR can benefit...I'm sure it will be a good experience!

3. Re: Hanalei Colony Resort Luau

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 18 May 2009, 01:35
Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
14,429 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hanalei Colony Resort Luau

I've been to Mediterranean Gourmet restaurant at least 6 times now for both lunch and dinner and we really like it. We used to go to this location when it was Charro's (stayed at HCR back then). I was just curious about the luau since it is obviously new. Well, I guess I'll need to write a review if we decide to go in June.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hanalei Colony Resort Luau

HCR luau....

We did not attend, but we were aware of it, and shuggested that Erica's freind , visiting from the mainland, might want to go...

She was then up on the north shore in princeville, after a couple of days here with us.

She liked it, the food was great and she loved the cucumber mojitos ( drink ).

The ambiance was not like the masses and lined up tables of 300 strong at the usual island luau's...I think it was more like 60 or 70 customers.

Her description reminded me more of a tahitian feast type of luau...family and friends performing,including the super skilled fire knife dancer. ( Similar to what we attended on the island of Taha'a, at the Teravan Yacht Club.

Everyone having a good time, and plenty of food. I gave her my rack card that I had, but it looked good.

She had a great time, and I got her report after she returned from the mainland. It is not going to be a Smiths, or Sheraton type extravaganza....but lots of aloha and fun on a smaller scale.

Sounds good to us....our style...

Denny

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1,784 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hanalei Colony Resort Luau

Sounds good to me too. We used to go to Charro"s also back in the day. I hate mass quantities of people shouting Aloha{ just my opinion}. I have stopped by the Med Gourmet usually for a glass of wine late afternoon and we were met with much Aloha sand and all! Much different than CJ"s imo. I hope they do well. They have a great location and seem like nice people.

7. Re: Hanalei Colony Resort Luau

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 November 2009, 05:31