We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Erosion problems at Po'ipu Beach

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,961 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Erosion problems at Po'ipu Beach

Aloha from Kaua'i!

Article in today's paper about the erosion problems (and dangers) in some areas of Po'ipu Beach here on the South Shore - thought folks might enjoy it:

Here's the link:

kauaiworld.com/articles/2009/05/27/news/kaua…

I have noticed it myself in some areas.

Malama Pono,

Janet

Kailua, Hawaii
Level Contributor
739 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Erosion problems at Po'ipu Beach

The same thing has happened at Kailua Beach, on Oahu:

hawaiirama.com/2008/09/hawaii-beach-erosion-…

Hank

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
14,947 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Erosion problems at Po'ipu Beach

There used to be a small beach in front of the rental house we stay at on Baby's Beach (it's a couple houses off the beach). I have pictures of my now 10 year old in swim diapers on that little beach. It's pretty much gone and mostly rocks so we have to walk a few yards over to the main beach now. I've noticed this erosion of that area over the years.

Kailua, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,725 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Erosion problems at Po'ipu Beach

>>The same thing has happened at Kailua Beach, on Oahu:<<

Well, yes and no. It did happen but Kailua Beach is well on its way back thanks to Mother Nature as this KHON story and video show:

khon2.com/news/…RtirXqMDmkyXGNSwCFze_w.cspx

4. Re: Erosion problems at Po'ipu Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 November 2009, 07:21