We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ahh... Memories...

Indianapolis, IN
Level Contributor
111 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Ahh... Memories...

Hi everyone... Not sure if you all remember me, but we've been re-living our Kauai trip memories from a year ago, so I came back to look at the trip reports I put together back then... forgot how much fun I had putting those together, and how much help everyone was with our planning... so just back to say hey and thanks again for all the memories... desperately trying to get back soon...

For any newbies out there, here's a link to our pics...

…photobucket.com/albums/mm140/Kevin_in_Indy/

Here's also a link to our trip reports from a year ago (all 12 parts!)... I was somewhat detailed, so there may be some good info in there from a first-timer's perspective...

tripadvisor.com/members-forums/Kevin_in_Indy

Tigard, Oregon
Level Contributor
179 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ahh... Memories...

Awesome trip reports and pictures Kevin. Your pictures are actually very stunning! I can understand why you want to desperately get back.

I've been thinking about doing a trip report with pictures when I am there in August. It would be cool if TripAdvisor had a way to post text and pictures mixed together. I think blogspot may be one of the better options like this couple did...

http://kauai-bound.blogspot.com/

Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
4,379 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ahh... Memories...

Kevin! Of course I remember you! The Stitch guy right!

Oh,we need to get you back thee for more awesome reports and pictures! Thanks for dropping by.

California
Level Contributor
39,801 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ahh... Memories...

I use your trip reports all the time when guests of mine ask for activity suggestions. You are bookmarked!

Hurry back!

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Ahh... Memories...

Hi, Kevin. We too remember you as the "Stitch" guy. My daughter thought those pictures were SO cool, so of course one of her many Stitches had to join us on our trip. Surfing Stitch had a great time surfing, eating at Bubba's, eating ice cream, climbing coconut trees, hanging out at the beach and generally having a great time. You can see some of his pics at:

picasaweb.google.com/sooners364/Kauai20081…

We had a wonderful vacation and borrowing your idea made it even more fun for our daugther. Thanks!

Bellefontaine, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,102 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Ahh... Memories...

Kevin I remember.......Who can forget Stitch!!

You have some wonderful pics, and some wonderful captured memories. Everyone will surely enjoy looking and I suggest they do. Just wonderful!!!!!!

This is Kauai....

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ahh... Memories...

I didn't remember you so much for Stitch but for the awesome color in your photos and your wife's hat...I loved it!

I also realize you had pretty much nothing but clear blue skies your whole visit. I wish I could say the same when we were there in March - mostly grey skies.

Texas
Level Contributor
239 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ahh... Memories...

Wow! You can write and shoot! Very entertaining and inspiring. Thanks!

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
3,736 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ahh... Memories...

Critt364,

Thanks for sharing YOUR pix as well! Great shots! Plus, kind of fun seeing someone from MY hometown of Tulsa....well, okay, I lived mostly in Broken Arrow.

And Kevin, your pix are amazing! What kind of enhancement or software did you use to get the special effects?

Idaho
Level Contributor
555 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ahh... Memories...

Yep, remember you and stitch and the pictures.

Funny how many of us keep up with these boards.

We have no return trip planned at the moment, but someday soon, someday soon.....

Memories carry us.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1,792 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ahh... Memories...

Amazing pics.what equipment did you use???