We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

You all are causing me anxiety...

Colorado
Level Contributor
170 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
You all are causing me anxiety...

We're coming to Kauai Aug. 28 (81 days!!!). We won a condo in a raffle so we have to stay at Lawai Beach Resort. I've been reading a lot here lately how the North Shore is the place to be in the summer as well as for those who like to hike...which we do.

Please reassure me that we'll be happy with our location...that going up to NS 3 or 4 times during our week stay won't be too inconvenient, and that we're not "missing out" because of our southern location.

Mahalo everyone on this forum. I don't need to post much because most of my questions have been answered in other posts. But rest assured I come here everyday and read!

Moondance

California
Level Contributor
89 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: You all are causing me anxiety...

Goodness, grab hold of yourself! You won a free condo on Kauai'i! We've stayed on the south shore five times in the summer right down the street from you (Kuhio Shores) and it's always been wonderful. You might have to get up a little earlier and drive a little farther to get where you want sometimes but you're in the most beautiful place on earth!

Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
4,242 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: You all are causing me anxiety...

A FREE condo! You have nothing to feel anxiety about! The south is beautiful and the North shore a short and beautiful drive away!

Colorado
Level Contributor
170 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: You all are causing me anxiety...

OK---I'm taking a few deep breaths, calming myself. LOL :-) This is a trip of a lifetime for our family, so of course I want it to be perfect.

I knew I just needed a little reassurance. Thank you!!

Moondance

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
394 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: You all are causing me anxiety...

There is no "wrong" place to stay on Kauai!!! The drive is beautiful, and there is so much to see, that you will find somewhere different to stop and enjoy every time you make the drive. Plus - there is so much to see and do and enjoy on the south shore, that you most likely will decide to stay put and explore it too, and only make the drive a couple of times - take a day to go west too - Waimea Canyon, and Polihale should not be missed!

Fresno, CA
Destination Expert
for Fresno
Level Contributor
1,617 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: You all are causing me anxiety...

Many people prefer the south shore. My brother is going the same time we are and is staying the poipu area while we are at Anini. He thinks the northshore is too remote and rains too much. I think the south shore has too many people! To each their own. I would take free south or north shore any day (or week!)

Michigan
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: You all are causing me anxiety...

Give me a grass shack on the beach and I will be there! LOL Anywhere on the island! Just to be on Kauai is all I would need. :)

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
15,300 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: You all are causing me anxiety...

I'll take the free condo!!!!!!!

Seriously, you will be fine and you will not be "missing out". All of Kauai is beautiful in it's own way. Being South, Waimea Canyon is an easy drive. Sunset at Salt Pond is not to be missed. Friday night "Art Night" in Hanapepe. The farmers market on Thursday at 3:00 pm in Hanapapepe. All the beautiful beaches on the West & South.

3Chihuahuas

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
37,930 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: You all are causing me anxiety...

You are going to Kauai - doesn't get much better than that! I would stay anywhere if I had won a condo!! Yipee!

A co-worker of mine just returned from a first trip to Kauai and while they loved visiting the Northshore, they were happy to have stayed south in the Poipu area - we all have our favorites. This is your discovery trip . . . and you can drive all over finding YOUR favorite spot. You know though - we will all be waiting for your trip report! Have a wonderful family vacation. :)

Princeville, Hawaii
Level Contributor
6,972 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: You all are causing me anxiety...

You will be fine and it's FREE. Relax, it's not that big an island.

Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
for Hilo, Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
36,958 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: You all are causing me anxiety...

You like to hike and you'll be much closer to Waimea Canyon than if you were on the North Shore. Plus it's free (echo) !!!