We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Koloa Plantation Days July 18-26

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,896 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Koloa Plantation Days July 18-26

Aloha from Kaua'i!

Thought it wasn't too early to start reminding people who might be here during that time (July 18 thru 26th) of the big event here on the South Shore -our annual "Koloa Plantation Days" - there are tons of activities every day culminating in the parade and big Ho'olaule'a at the Koloa Ball Park with entertainment, food booths, crafts, keiki activities, etc.

Here is the link to the website:

http://www.koloaplantationdays.com/

I just got a call last night from Malama Maha'ulepu

asking me to be a "contact" person for the coastal hike and the watercolor class - both at Maha'ulepu - so I'm going to be involved! Always good fun!

Malama Pono,

Janet

Fresno, CA
Destination Expert
for Fresno
Level Contributor
1,626 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Koloa Plantation Days July 18-26

This is a great event! I last went in 1992 (right before Iniki!), but still wear jewelry I bought there. I just restrung some pearls I bought there. Thanks for reminding me of the fun.

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,896 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Koloa Plantation Days July 18-26

Aloha from Kaua'i!

Yes, it is an "absolute must" if you are visiting during that time - the biggest event all year on the South Shore - the crafts fair, entertainment, food booths, keiki activities make it a huge event and tons of fun - I'll probably be working the Malama Maha'ulepu booth for awhile, but then I'm heading in for some shopping to the fair!

I'll "bump" up the topic once it gets a little closer - or start a new one with details on each day's events.

Malama Pono,

Janet

P.S. - I highly recommend the "Coastal Hike" along Maha'ulepu that the group I belong to (also Denny and Erica) puts on - incredible views and not a difficult hike at all.

TN
Level Contributor
70 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Koloa Plantation Days July 18-26

Mahalo Janet!

Thank you so much for this information. We will be there July 17 to the 27th. Perfect timing.

I cannot wait to kick back and enjoy Kauai! You have been such a wealth of information.

TN
Level Contributor
508 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Koloa Plantation Days July 18-26

Hi Janet - We will be there beginning the evening of July 25. Considering going to the Koloa rodeo on the 26th. Any recommendations about that event?

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,896 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Koloa Plantation Days July 18-26

Aloha from Kaua'i!

The rodeo that is held in conjunction with Koloa Plantation Days is the last event of the week - it is always held out at CJM Stables by Maha'ulepu and is very popular.

I'm not a "rodeo" person in general - I can't handle stuff like calf roping - just too much of an animal lover I guess to enjoy that - but I do love barrel racing and that type of thing - the rodeo is always a big event here and if you enjoy rodeo - I'd highly recommend it!

Malama Pono,

Janet

California
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Koloa Plantation Days July 18-26

Thank you so much for this post!! We will be there those dates and this is exciting news.

Huntington Beach, CA
Level Contributor
1,645 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Koloa Plantation Days July 18-26

aloha elsie ~

I went to a rodeo at the CJM stables and I had a great time! The view in the background is of the beautiful ocean, with Kauai's orange dirt in the foreground. I sat there marveling that I was at a rodeo in Hawaii, and of course, it was great seeing the paniolos, and watching the riders circle the arena while talking on their cell phones.

jc

8. Re: Koloa Plantation Days July 18-26

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 December 2009, 07:19