We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kauai Body Work - any reviews or thoughts?

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
332 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Kauai Body Work - any reviews or thoughts?

We've scheduled massages with them for our trip (leaving tomorrow!). Any reviews? Is there another source for massages on the north shore that we should consider?

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1,784 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kauai Body Work - any reviews or thoughts?

I dont know anything about them!!! Just wanted to say have a good old Texas time in paradise!!! Are you flying Continental??

Michigan
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Kauai Body Work - any reviews or thoughts?

I am not sure about the North Shore but my daughter and I had wonderful massages at the Marriott in Lihue. They were ONO!

California
Level Contributor
36,659 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kauai Body Work - any reviews or thoughts?

Kauai Body Works is the new massage company at HBR. When I was at the resort I talked to people who used them and I heard positive remarks but didn't go into detail. Tonya used to work at The Princeville Hotel.

The other options are out at Hanalei Colony or at the spa at The Princeville Golf Club.

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Venice, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
8,404 posts
479 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kauai Body Work - any reviews or thoughts?

Do not know anything about Kauai Body Work. Look up Auntie Angeline's in the Kauai White Pages or on the web and give them a call. It is located in Anahola, which would be about a 30 minute drive from the North Shore and which is pretty fantastic.

Aloha!

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Venice, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
8,404 posts
479 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kauai Body Work - any reviews or thoughts?

Do not know anything about Kauai Body Work. Look up Auntie Angeline's in the Kauai White Pages or on the web and give them a call. It is located in Anahola, which would be about a 30 minute drive from the North Shore and which is pretty fantastic.

Aloha!

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
332 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kauai Body Work - any reviews or thoughts?

Yes, we're flying Continental. Hoping we get to sit together...couldn't do the online check-in due to our super common last name. Either way, we'll end up in Hawaii and that's all that matters I guess!

I suppose I'll be the Kauai Body Work guinea pig and report back when we return. The lady I spoke to on the phone was very nice. We're doing the 1 1/2 hour couples massage and looking forward to it. I know DH is looking forward to some relaxation and a break from work.

I'm just finishing up writing out the notes for our house- and dog-sitter. The only downside of travel is leaving our pups but at least they get to stay in our home!

California
Level Contributor
36,659 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kauai Body Work - any reviews or thoughts?

Tonya is very sweet. Tell her Joan says hi.

Seattle Washington
Level Contributor
812 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kauai Body Work - any reviews or thoughts?

Ringo at the Princeville fitness center was fantastic. I would highly reccomend him.

I also had Raindrop Therapy with a women that was excellent. I would have to look up her name.

Just from people I spoke with the spa at HCR was not getting real high reviews, but things change fast. It seems there are a lot of excellent people on the Northshore.

I don't know about Kauai Body Work. Just ask around at HBR.

Good luck

Pismo Beach, Calif.
Level Contributor
146 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kauai Body Work - any reviews or thoughts?

If you want an authentic Hawaiian sacred temple style lomi lomi massage check out Tatiana Blanco in Anahola at Island Enchantment. (808) 823-0705

http://www.aloha.net/~enchant/Take2s.html

I shared a session with her and it was fantastic. It's right on the Anahola river in a private wooden residence. The setting couldn't be better.

The session was as good as they get.

Aloha,

Dan

10. Re: Kauai Body Work - any reviews or thoughts?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2009, 06:23