We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fireworks on Kauai on 7/4/2009

Hana, Hawaii
Level Contributor
7,940 posts
Save Topic
Fireworks on Kauai on 7/4/2009

Greetings! Being on both Maui & Kauai (day trip of course)(wink, wink), I ask where is the best fireworks display on the Garden Isle?

Oh by the way, let me wish all the Hawaii and especially Kauai TA posters a very special Fouth of July! Be sure to wear red, white, and blue (and not pink).

God Bless the U.S.A.

Caddy

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,882 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fireworks on Kauai on 7/4/2009

Aloha from Kaua'i!

Well of course our "Concert in the Sky" at Vidinha Stadium Soccer Field tomorrow nite - to benefit Kaua'i Hospice is the place to be!

Lots of food booths, crafts, keiki activities and live entertainment until the fireworks!

A good place here to mention that if you have pets - please keep them indoors in a safe, secured area for 4th of July - more pets are lost on the 4th of July than any other day of the year - they run anywhere in terror unless they are secure in your home. Please keep yourself and your pets safe and have a wonderful holiday!

Malama Pono,

Janet

Chesterfield, Mich.
Level Contributor
3,636 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fireworks on Kauai on 7/4/2009

I couldn't resist. I saw the title of the post, and the author's name, and I thought for sure Caddy had made it to Kauai!!! And he says a "day trip"!! From Houston no less!

I'm sure he's there in spirit. A PINK spirit of course!

Happy 4th of July to all!

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,067 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Fireworks on Kauai on 7/4/2009

Those on the west side can partake in the smaller, but no less colorful 4th of July celebration in Kekaha.

We went last year and had a very enjoyable time. This year's event includes a beer garden, while last year it was an alcohol free event. Here's a website that describes what to expect:

http://www.kauaifestivals.com/4thofjuly/

Activities at a Glance

• Outdoor Event

• Child-Friendly

• Local Products for Sale

• Crafts

• Beer Garden

• Food Booths

• Cultural Displays

• Hawaiian Culture

• Live Entertainment

• Live Music

• Games

• Fireworks

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Fireworks on Kauai on 7/4/2009

We're planning on being up North here for the 4th...do most people just go hang out on Hanalei Bay and shoot off their own fireworks or is something more organized going on?

--CeciMami

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,720 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fireworks on Kauai on 7/4/2009

Hanging out at Hanalei Bay is about as organized as it gets up here.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fireworks on Kauai on 7/4/2009

Caddy,

You are welcome to spend the day with us.

Plan is to walk over to Kalapaki Beach, and do some swimming and ray catching...then back to Banyon Harbor to bbq...and then...ta dah...stroll on up to our hill top view pool and with other residents take in the concert in the sky fireworks presentation.

However, we cannot hear the music that accompanies the performance, but we also do not have to hassel the traffic, and can do some swimming in the pool as well.

Only rule is that, you my friend, gotta be dressed caddy formal in those pink speedos to compliment your red, white and blue tank top.

Just wondering if the pink glows at night ? Perfect attire for a fourth of july party.

Sorry, no fireworks or fire crackers, allowed on propety, so talking story with friends, and enjoying Vadinha Stadium's display, from about one mile distance is the best that we can offer.

For others on island, besides the fireworks display and party at the stadium on the 4th, if you are still here on the 11th, Jerry Garcia will be perfoming at " Trees " for a surf rider asc. bennefit. $ 15.00 at the door.

Sounds like a fun week.

Denny

California
Level Contributor
36,708 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fireworks on Kauai on 7/4/2009

Looks like the "firework" display put on by the North Koreans fizzled out.

"Despite a Japanese newspaper report last month that one might be launched toward Hawaii in early July, U.S. officials have noted no such preparations, which are complex, usually take days and are often observable by spy satellites. Still, that hasn't stopped Washington from boosting missile defenses as a precaution." CNN News

Hana, Hawaii
Level Contributor
7,940 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Fireworks on Kauai on 7/4/2009

"North Korean Leaders just want to have fun...That's all they really want to do. Shoot missles at lovely Hawaii and have fun. That's all Kim what's his name wants to do" (Thanks Cyndi Lauper!)

Keep hunked down Hawaii and celebrate the 4th!

Happy 4th Jebett and to others too! :)

9. Re: Fireworks on Kauai on 7/4/2009

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 January 2010, 06:15