We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anini Beach houe

Fair Oaks, CA
Level Contributor
2 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Anini Beach houe

Help I just found 2 houses that look alike on a holiday rental page. The pictures look the same. One is called Anini Kai Hulali Oceanfront Beach house, the other is the Anini Bikini Beachfront house.Does anyone know about these houses...are they really two houses or is someone trying to make there house look better on the internet? Please advise before I send more money. Thanks

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,594 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Anini Beach houe

For what it's worth,

I notice that Anini Bikini's TVR permit has been denied. Not sure of the other one - didn't see it searching under operation name - would need the address, operation name or owner to check.

www.kauaigovonline.org/COKForms/tvr_log.aspx

Anini Bikini looks like a funky cool beach house whenever I go past it - never been inside.

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
16,004 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anini Beach houe

Anini Kai on Anini Rd has also been denied a permit.

Before you rent anything or send money, ask the owners/manager for their TVR#. You can check on it via the link provided by BeyondNBack. This list is for rentals outside the VDA (Visitor Destination Areas) which Anini is.

see this recent topic too:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29218-i304-k28985…

3Chihuahuas

California
Level Contributor
37,025 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anini Beach houe

Many at Anini have been denied.

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Tucson
Level Contributor
3,338 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anini Beach houe

Most of the properties on Anini Beach are on AG zoned land and therefore their permits have been denied since there is currently no provision in the law to allow TVR's on AG land. Personally I just wouldn't take a chance on renting a non-permited unit when there are so many legal rentals to choose from.

Venice, Florida
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
3,120 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anini Beach houe

You might want to take a look at Hale Kai, which is a little further down the beach from the one you are considering. It is about the same size and has been permitted. We have stayed there and while not luxurious, is very comfortable. See Nakea Vacation Rentals.

Fresno, CA
Destination Expert
for Fresno
Level Contributor
1,626 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anini Beach houe

I don't know what size of house you are looking for, but we are staying in Punehele Hale through Kauai Vacation rentals right now and its great. Not fancy, but right across from the beach, great view, clean and great for a family of 4.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,594 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Anini Beach houe

Yes, it looks like the Council has changed their minds with respect to TVR's on AG land for now.

Bill 2298 would have grandfathered in TVR's operating on AG land if they'd been paying taxes and were operating in 07/08.

kauaiworld.com/articles/2009/01/18/news/kaua…

This bill was shut down at the 6/23 Council meeting and many AG land TVR's status were changed from approved to denied.

kauaiworld.com/articles/2009/06/25/news/kaua…

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
385 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anini Beach houe

Renting on Anini at this moment in a house w/o "permit". Having a fabulous time! Beats Princeville or Poipu any time!

Fair Oaks, CA
Level Contributor
2 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anini Beach houe

thank you for all your information. It is a worry to find the house we wanted now does not have a tvr#. There are 9 of us including 2 under 3. We had dreamed about the anini bikini house. I guess I had better scramble and find another place and not risk arriving and finding the house locked.

MA
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Anini Beach houe

It looks like there were two recent rounds of TVR approvals for properties that had previously been deinied permits.

kauaiworld.com/articles/2009/07/19/news/kaua…

kauaiworld.com/articles/2009/07/29/news/kaua…

Is there any way of finding out what properties were granted permits or non-comforming use certificates in those two rounds of approvals? Was Anini Bikini oe of the recently approved properties? How frequently is the list on the permit website updated?