We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kaha Lani

TN
Level Contributor
70 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Kaha Lani

Has anyone stayed at Kaha Lani recently? Is it nice for the price?

Are there grills for the guests to use?

Danville, California
Level Contributor
1,854 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kaha Lani

My inlaws stayed at Kaha Lani last week for 8 days. I have to tell you my DH and I were pretty impressed with Kaha Lani. The grounds are very well maintained. My inlaws had a ground level, ocean front unit that had a huge field of grass in front of them then some palm trees and bushes and then the beach and ocean. The beach was really nice, soft clean sand and the current was strong but there were some kids boogie boarding and a wedding party taking pictures on the beach. You can walk easily to Lydgate from here. What I also liked is that Kaha Lani sits away from the highway so it is tucked in there by the ocean so you wouldn't hear any traffic from the highway. My inlaws said it was very quiet except for the roosters that even were so brave to come into their unit. The lanai's do not have a private wall so you do see your neighbors lanai- that wasn't a problem for them tho. Also, there are no washer and dryers in the units, it is in a seperate area and no AC. The grills I did not recall. It's a nice quiet place by the ocean and I think if you get a nice remodeled unit, it's a good place to stay! Aloha!

TN
Level Contributor
70 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kaha Lani

Thanks huladolz! I appreciate the information.

In light of some recent posts, do you recall if they have safes perchance?

Danville, California
Level Contributor
1,854 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kaha Lani

I don't know, I will ask my MIL and let you know.

California
Level Contributor
37,956 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kaha Lani

Kaha Lani condos are a good option for staying on the east side. I like the walking path behind the complex. You can walk to Lydgate or over to Aloha Beach Hotel for a cocktail or breakfast.

Do be careful when you drive out and onto the highway. It is tricky to turn left. It is also hard to find because they are off to themselves.

Venice, Florida
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
3,123 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kaha Lani

We have stayed at Kaha Lani 3 times and enjoyed it there. The first time we rented through the management company, but would not now. Get in touch with individual owners, such as through VRBO.com. There is a BIG difference in how individual lunits are cared for and furnished. The better oceanviews are from floors 2 and 3. The really nice thing about Kaha Lani is that it is a very short drive to shops and restaurants in Kapaa, but the complex is basically alone on the beach -- no other hotels or condos there. Also, the prices are pretty reasonable for oceanfront accomodations.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Level Contributor
903 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kaha Lani

I've never seen the insides, but pass by them on the way to Kitchens for surfing and am surprised that they don't come up on the boards more often. They're in a great location - the beach to the right goes on forever with rarely a person in sight, to the left the walking path goes to Lydgate, through Kapaa, and beyond. It's quieter and more isolated than most Kapaa condos and the grounds are nice also. Don't know about barbeques.

TN
Level Contributor
70 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kaha Lani

Thanks for all of the responses. Sounds like its pretty nice and being close to Lydgate sounds good to me.

Three more sleeps!

8. Re: Kaha Lani

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2010, 07:16