We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kauai Fitness Centers in Princeville&Poipu?

NYC
Level Contributor
20 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Kauai Fitness Centers in Princeville&Poipu?

We just found out that BOTH of our resorts don't have available fitness centers to work out in.

Does anyone know where you can work out in both these areas?

I will call the resorts sometime tomorrow to ask if we can go to another resort to use their gyms, but too late at the moment.

California
Level Contributor
35,276 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kauai Fitness Centers in Princeville&Poipu?

In Princeville you will have to fork out the big bucks and go to the Princeville Spa located at the Prince course.

http://www.princeville.com/

You will have some beautiful areas to run along the golf course if you can do without weight training for a few weeks. Take a surfing lesson. That's a good workout.

If you do a search in the box above and type in fitness centers in Poipu you will see some answers to the South end question.

NYC
Level Contributor
20 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kauai Fitness Centers in Princeville&Poipu?

Wow, thanks for the quick reply! Will check that out.

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,846 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kauai Fitness Centers in Princeville&Poipu?

Aloha from Kaua'i!

No public fitness centers here on the South Shore - other than the Anara Spa at the Grand Hyatt Kaua'i - you can pay a daily fee for the use of their facilities - I'm not sure how much it is, but it is not inexpensive.

The Sheraton does not allow non-guest to use their fitness center at all - ditto with any other resort in this area that does even have one.

Closest work-out spots would be either the Kaua'i Athletic Club in Lihu'e or the YWCA in Puhi- or West to Hanapepe - there is a work-out place there also.

Malama Pono,

Janet

Seattle Washington
Level Contributor
810 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kauai Fitness Centers in Princeville&Poipu?

I don't know what time of year you are planning to go, but we do join the spa and fitness center in Princeville since we go in the winter months.

The price is $85.00 for two weeks, 65.00 for one week and I think 20.00 a day. That does include a beautiful fitness center with an awesome ocean view, unlimited classes and a heated lap pool, showers, etc.

If you are going soon you should be able to get to get lot's of exersice outside, but it is a good option.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kauai Fitness Centers in Princeville&Poipu?

We like to combine working out at the Kauai Athletic Club, as well as being outdoors and remaining active.

Some folks actually enjoy working out, and staying fit, and like going to a gym or fitness center, as well as getting outdoors.

kayaking is great, and you are paddling up lush rivers, and in the case of the wailua, you can combo that with a walk/hike to secret falls.

Walking along the beaches in the sand, or along the coastal trails or both, is a grand way to start a kauai day.

Hiking our inland trails, on any of our shores , is also a good healthy way to enjoy wonderful natural surroundings.

Stand up paddle board lessons, are also super, and one heck of a good workout.

places to check out for gyms:

kauai athletic club...day pass $ 12.00( Lihue )

24 hour gym, iron pile old style ( Port Allen )

These are not at resorts, but local gyms.

No glitz no glitter, just flat working out.

Kauai Ahtletic Club has:

Pool, jacuzi, saunas, steam rooms, aerobic classes, karate, judo, boot camp, racket and hand ball, cardio room, free weights, and machines.

Deli with inexpensive fresh made items, nice foyer with tables and table cloths, large 50 inch TV screen, smoothies, sports drinks, and for those who want to party...four beers on tap. Usually used during the handball tournaments.

Some of the resorts have fitness centers, some perhaps will offer guest passes...I had wanted to work out at the sheraton in poipu, all glass windows looking out over the ocean, but as a non guest they said that was not possible. But , do check, perhaps things have changed.

today, we are headed to the gym and then off to do some hiking out in the green.

Denny

6. Re: Kauai Fitness Centers in Princeville&Poipu?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2010, 06:17