We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Most romantic restaurant in kauai

usa
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Topic
Most romantic restaurant in kauai

hello all,

we will be in kauai for our honeymoon for three nights. i am looking for suggestions on the most romantic restaurant for our first dinner:)

I'll splurge on this dinner so anything goes:)

California
Level Contributor
37,474 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Most romantic restaurant in kauai

There were some threads about this a few weeks ago.

If you are coming after Oct see if the restaurants in the St Regis are open.

Other suggestions are:

Red Salt, Beach House and Plantation Gardens.

Beach House has the best views.

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
14,789 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Most romantic restaurant in kauai

Not sure where you are staying... there are a lot of excellent restaurants on the island. But for our "date" night in June, we chose Red Salt at the Koa Kea hotel. It was very quiet and intimate, great service and fabulous food. You might want to watch the sunset from their front lawn and the have dinner. You'll have the place to yourself.

www.koakea.com/contents/v/Dining_at_Red_Salt

We also really like Plantation Gardens. Both places are in Poipu. http://www.pgrestaurant.com/html/home.htm

If you are on the north shore, the Mediterranean Gourmet in Haena is fabulous. They have a wonderful ocean front location with excellent food and service. http://www.kauaimedgourmet.com/

usa
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Most romantic restaurant in kauai

thanks so much. we are staying at the grand hyatt and we def want to see what the st regis looks like.

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,789 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Most romantic restaurant in kauai

The Beach House is also an option. It's very popular. My only concern is the "zoo" that happens at sunset. Everyone (and I mean everyone) gets up from their table as the sun sets to take a picture out on the lawn. It's a great photo op and will make a great Christmas card photo. You might opt to run over there just for the sunset (and picture) and then have dinner somewhere a little more quiet. Just my 2 cents....

OR you can have a cocktail at the Sheraton's bar called The Point and then have dinner at Red Salt or Plantation Gardens.

OR watch the sunset at Ke'e Beach on the north shore and then have dinner at The Med. Gourmet.

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,789 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Most romantic restaurant in kauai

Since you are staying at the Hyatt, I would recommend one of the south shore restaurants. Tide Pools at the Hyatt is also very romantic but the service and food are not as consistent as I would like... Dondero's at the Hyatt is excellent but can be pricey. They have great seating on the terrace.

USA
Level Contributor
394 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Most romantic restaurant in kauai

Gosh, there are a couple of very nice restaurants at the Hyatt. Tidepools is super. If you make a reservation and ask for a table by the waterfall you won't be disappointed. I like having romantic dinners at the resort where we're staying whenever possible. I beats having to drive and park and it allows you have a couple drinks without fear of driving after drinking.

usa
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Most romantic restaurant in kauai

does anyone know how far it is from the grand hyatt to st regis and can you take a taxi? how much would the taxi be?

Michigan
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Most romantic restaurant in kauai

<<how much would the taxi be?

Are you saying "no car"?? big mistake on Kauai!

Princeville is a ways from the Hyatt.

Tidepools is a great spot for dinner, finish it off with a nice walk on the beach in the evening. We have had very excellent service and meals there. I would even suggest the Koa Kea, but I have not eaten there yet - maybe in Feb. But we always make it a point to eat at Tidepools at least one time. We don't do alot of splurging there, usually cook in the condo.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
40,640 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Most romantic restaurant in kauai

I think Tidepools is very romantic/very beautiful. :)

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,903 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Most romantic restaurant in kauai

Aloha from Kaua'i!

"does anyone know how far it is from the grand hyatt to st regis and can you take a taxi?"

Wow....that would be some taxi ride I'm afraid....

to drive from here in the Po'ipu area all the way up to Princeville takes me about and hour and a half, give or take 15 minutes or so.

If you don't have access to a car....I definitely wouldn't go to the North Shore in a cab....many, many lovely restaurants in our area here that people have already mentioned....also, depending on when you are here "Merriman's" is going to be opening in a fabulous ocean view location at the Kukui'ula shopping Village - so add another "romantic" restaurant to the ones already listed.

Malama Pono,

Janet