We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inter-Island Helicopters Out of Aerial Tour Business

Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
2,207 posts
Save Topic
Inter-Island Helicopters Out of Aerial Tour Business

Per Garden Island News link below, Inter-Island Helicopters is out of the aerial tour business. Article says "Those people calling Inter-Island Helicopters hoping to book aerial tours of the island are being booked with Sunshine Helicopters....".

kauaiworld.com/articles/2009/09/27/news/kaua…

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
290 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Inter-Island Helicopters Out of Aerial Tour Business

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but can anyone tell me if this company is really out of the tour business? I can't seem to get a straight answer anywhere online, and their online reservations system and website still seem to be running!

We're really interested in doing the doors off tour to the waterfall with Inter-Island for our honeymoon next June. Thanks!

California
Level Contributor
37,034 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Inter-Island Helicopters Out of Aerial Tour Business

I am not sure the answer but there are other doors off options with companies I know are still in business. Here is one:

http://www.helicopters-kauai.com/

I had heard that Interisland was going to just do search and rescue which is why they might still have a website.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,068 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Inter-Island Helicopters Out of Aerial Tour Business

Jack Harter is a good choice and does offer "doors off" tours. They do fly over Manawaiopuna Falls, but I don't think they have permission to land at the Manawaiopuna Waterfall though.

To my knowledge, Island Helicopters is the only company granted that privelege.

http://www.islandhelicopters.com/

I'm curious if anyone has done their waterfall landing tour... Maybe I should start another thread. I have a wedding client interested in landing at the falls for their wedding. I'm checking into it for them, and have gotten some information from the company, but am waiting for another. Just thought I'd ask about experiences while I'm waiting for their reply. Anyone? I'm curious if it's quiet enough up there for a ceremony. The reservationist said it would be.

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
27,043 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Inter-Island Helicopters Out of Aerial Tour Business

Don't know, but this seems to be a current website:

www.interislandhelicopters.com/about.htm

I'd call rather than book online. Ask your questions to them.

Perhaps they just haven't shut down the website yet.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Inter-Island Helicopters Out of Aerial Tour Business

how about calling inter island on the telephone, number should be in the UKG as well as the website.

Jack Harter is a great helo company, with both doors on and off tours. As was suggested.

The information that inter island was going out of the tour biz, was in the paper, direct from the owner oft the helo company.

Any activity person, or concierge, etc, should also be able to help with the question. They would have up to date with the latest info.

And hula for me, called inter island with a possible good revenue flight and did not receive a call back as yet. Not the normal operation of a tour outfit, unless they are totally inundated with customers...which is not happening on this island due to the economics.

Just talked with a friend who works at the ritz, and they were at a bit over 30% occupancy........Erica found in the honolulu paper that other hotels were about 50% , a couple weeks ago.

So for a tour company to be indifferent about a call back, might be a clue as to what is occuring with that company. Personally, I would find one of the other excellent, up alpha, companies to fly with.

Denny

Denny

California
Level Contributor
37,034 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Inter-Island Helicopters Out of Aerial Tour Business

Hula said:

<<I'm curious if anyone has done their waterfall landing tour... Maybe I should start another thread. I have a wedding client interested in landing at the falls for their wedding. I'm checking into it for them, and have gotten some information from the company, but am waiting for another. >>

It sounds like Hula Did get some information from Interisland but she is waiting for more. So the question I would have is when did Hula4me contact Interlisland? Was it recently or before the article hit the paper?

Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
2,207 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Inter-Island Helicopters Out of Aerial Tour Business

She can speak for herself next time on-line but my reading of Hula4me post is that she was in contact with Island Helicopter Company.

Island Helicopters is a DIFFERENT company than Inter-Island Helicopters.

8. Re: Inter-Island Helicopters Out of Aerial Tour Business

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2010, 06:25