We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to buy a mens white hawaiian wedding shirt ?

Arizona
Level Contributor
130 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Where to buy a mens white hawaiian wedding shirt ?

19 days till we leave to get married on the beach ! Where does one find an affordable, in stock white mens wedding shirt ? How about plus size womens hawaiian dresses ? I keep thinking Hilo Hatties, but their website is down, and I want to make sure we can find something there, on the island, or make sure I buy it before I leave AZ.

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
24,067 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to buy a mens white hawaiian wedding shirt ?

Hilo Hattie for both. The site is up now. You might want to call them: 800-233-8912. Another option for dresses is Bodacious in the Coconut Marketplace.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
54,411 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to buy a mens white hawaiian wedding shirt ?

How about something like this?

reyns.com/SC101_Services/…

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
45,146 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to buy a mens white hawaiian wedding shirt ?

Macy's!

Kihei, HI
Level Contributor
311 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to buy a mens white hawaiian wedding shirt ?

I bought mine at Tommy Bahama.

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
17,098 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to buy a mens white hawaiian wedding shirt ?

You probably don't have time for mail order but I have this one and it's great.:

bananajack.com/hawaiian-wedding-mens-hawaiia…

If this is what you're looking for - all whites with an embossed raised white tropical design on it, then you'll probably find these at Macy's at Kukui Grove. Macy's has a nice line of informal and more formal aloha wear.

6. Re: Where to buy a mens white hawaiian wedding shirt ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 21:37
Arizona
Level Contributor
130 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to buy a mens white hawaiian wedding shirt ?

Napaguy, that is exactly what I am looking for, thank you. Do you think if I ordered now I would get in time, or are you pretty confident I could find this in a good quality on the island ?

California
Level Contributor
37,474 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to buy a mens white hawaiian wedding shirt ?

You can get very good quality on the island. Macy's is a good option as is Hilo Hatties, but I bought my DH's white shirt at a men's shop in Hanalei. It was the clothing store close to Tropical Tacos. Not cheap shirts by any means. Beautiful white with off white embossed palm trees on the bottom. It was perfect. I bought my vow renewal dress at Hilo Hatties the day before the ceremony.

Wailua
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
1,845 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to buy a mens white hawaiian wedding shirt ?

I got a very nice Hawaiian shirt for my wedding at Macy's in Kukui Grove, though it's not white. They most likely have ones in white too. I think that was the only time I shopped there.

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
17,098 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to buy a mens white hawaiian wedding shirt ?

Arizonalucky, yes it is a nice shirt but I'm not sure when you're going. Oh wait! I see you just said 10 days. I wouldn't chance it unless you could get priority mailng from them, like 2-day.

A good buddy of mine just remarried on Kauai and it happened while I was there recently. He got married at Kalapaki, the far east end of the beach. He had a best man and that was me. So his fiance ordered that shirt for both him and myself. Nice looking, well-made. I especially like the bamboo buttons. (hard to see them in the picture).

I don't know, it's worth a try if you can priority mailing. And hey, if it arrives after you leave it's just an excuse to go back for a second honeymoon