We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New lava flow on the Big Island

Kailua, Hawaii
Level Contributor
739 posts
1 review
Save Topic
New lava flow on the Big Island

I know this is the wrong forum, but I thought some Kauai visitors would want to know of this event:

bigislandvideonews.com/2009/…20091025lava.htm

Hank

denville, nj
Level Contributor
712 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New lava flow on the Big Island

Wow!! Thanks for posting this.

Sylvania, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,826 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New lava flow on the Big Island

cool. We saw it a few years ago as the lava dumped into the ocean.

Pahoa. HI
Level Contributor
1,293 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New lava flow on the Big Island

This was a VERY shortlived event. I was just down there about 45 minutes ago, and this "renegade" flow is already dead. The lava is still flowing into the ocean the way it's been for the last couple of years but the entry point into the ocean is about 3/4 of a mile from the viewing area.

Olympia, Washington
Level Contributor
34 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New lava flow on the Big Island

Wow, this is so bizare. I was just on the B.I. in Sept.2009 and I was right there walking on those Lava Fields! I could feel the presence of Madame Pele all around. I'm heading back to Kauai next but I did enjoy exploring the Big Island. it was beautiful!

Thanks for the update!

5. Re: New lava flow on the Big Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 April 2010, 05:18