We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beachfront accomodation/b&b with kitchen

C W
Vancouver
Level Contributor
559 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Beachfront accomodation/b&b with kitchen

Were(a couple in our 20s) planning on visiting Kauai in may 2010 For a week and want a beachfront location that either has it's own kitchen, or access to use a kitchen as we will be doing almost all cooking ourselves( food allergies). Our price range isn't huge, looking to spend $130/night usd or less. Any suggestions? I've browsed many of the accomodation choices on here but maybe I've missed something? Thank you for any suggestions you may have!

California
Level Contributor
36,721 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beachfront accomodation/b&b with kitchen

You'll pay for beachfront. You might have to go further away from the popular areas to find accommodations like that. The only place I can think of off hand is Hanalei Colony Resort on the North Shore. In May I would head up in that direction. You might be able to secure a good price (but not $130/nt) by booking so early. HCR is right on the beach in Haena. Very quiet and remote. They are doing some exterior remodeling right now but by May all that noise should die down.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Beachfront accomodation/b&b with kitchen

I think some of the smaller units at Prince Kuhio come out around $130 per night at the weekly rate. It's not a great swimming spot (no sandy beach) but it's across the street from the ocean with glorious breezes, and you can easily walk or drive to some sand from there if that's your thing. I always enjoyed it there, and it's one of the best values on the island.

Hawaii
Level Contributor
520 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beachfront accomodation/b&b with kitchen

Here are some beachfront condo ideas for you at around $150/night or less. Some people may offer you a free night if you spend a week.

www.hawaiigaga.com/SearchResults.aspx…

Kind of surprised there are so many Kiahuna Plantation units under 150. It probably has the best beachfront location for swimming. But as mentioned if you're willing to move away from the beach the options open up a lot.

California
Level Contributor
36,721 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beachfront accomodation/b&b with kitchen

Most of the Kiahuna Plantations you have listed on your website, James, say starting at $150 etc. Many times that is to attract possible guests to inquire. May is a popular time of year to stay on the island and that starting rate may not apply. It certainly doesn't hurt to ask. $150 for a KP would be a very good option if you can find it.

C W
Vancouver
Level Contributor
559 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beachfront accomodation/b&b with kitchen

Thank you all for your replys ! I will look into those for sure.

We are pretty set on staying beachfront or short walk from the beach, as this is the first leg of our Hawaiian vacation, and the 2nd being on the Big Island has accomodations up high with a view, but no beach accessible by walking.

Hawaii
Level Contributor
520 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beachfront accomodation/b&b with kitchen

Perhaps, but May is most certainly low season, so "start at" rates should apply.

hawaiigaga.com/…monthocc

And if you look a little closer by visiting the source web site which gives rate details you can confirm the rate. There are indeed at least a dozen Kiahuna units at $150 or less.

Virginia
Level Contributor
915 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Beachfront accomodation/b&b with kitchen

A few years ago we stayed at the Hibiscus Hale. We had the upstairs apartment, and it was delightful. Its right on Aliomanu Bay, a very quiet part of Kauai. Here's the website:

http://www.kauaialoha.com/tour.htm

Good luck

California
Level Contributor
36,721 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beachfront accomodation/b&b with kitchen

Dave:

What does "vacation kitchen" mean?

Virginia
Level Contributor
915 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Beachfront accomodation/b&b with kitchen

<<What does "vacation kitchen" mean?>>

I wondered that myself when I read it. If you look at the description for Hibiscus Hale Lani, you'll see that it lists "all electric kitchen", and thats the way I remember the place, a normal (but not luxurious) I'd assume vacation kitchen might indicate smaller appliances (perhaps a two burner range) or something like that. If the place looked attractive otherwise, I'd ask the owner, just to be sure.

California
Level Contributor
36,721 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Beachfront accomodation/b&b with kitchen

I just thought that was an "odd" way to describe a kitchen. I've heard of breakfast bar, kitchenette, but that one stumped me.