We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dreaming of warmer climate--Like Kauai

Colorado
Level Contributor
170 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Dreaming of warmer climate--Like Kauai

We've got 20+ inches of snow and hours more of snowfall ahead of us. I can't stop thinking about the warm breezes, warm sand, and warm people of Kauai. *sigh* Thanks for leting me whine!

Moondance

Venice, Florida
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
3,108 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dreaming of warmer climate--Like Kauai

You poor baby! snow - yuck. Just keep thinking of toes in that warm sand and sun.

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
15,513 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dreaming of warmer climate--Like Kauai

I feel for you!!! Do you by chance remember the Xmas eve blizzard of 1982? We were snowed in for 5 days (lived in Golden Gate Canyon).

Thinking about the warm breezes, warm sand, and warm people of Kauai should help chase away the snow blues.....start planning another trip!

3Chihuahuas

California
Level Contributor
36,106 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dreaming of warmer climate--Like Kauai

I think the only temporary cure for that is a mai tai. Try it and if you have a few the snow will start to look like sand.

Colorado
Level Contributor
170 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dreaming of warmer climate--Like Kauai

3Chi's-I do remember. I was a teenager and I remember my dad driving me to the movie theater where I worked because theaters NEVER close. We had a surprising number of customers then too. Unforgettable storm that one was. You sure would have been snowed in for 5 days in the canyon.

Jebett-I like the Mai Tai idea. That or coffee & kalua or hot chocolate & peppermit schnapps...gotta get that warm feeling back!

Colorado
Level Contributor
170 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dreaming of warmer climate--Like Kauai

3Chi's-the news just reported that Golden Gate Canyon has 43.8 inches of snow so far. Yikes!

Schaumburg, IL
Level Contributor
792 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dreaming of warmer climate--Like Kauai

You need a trip to look forward to. Do you have one planned?

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,694 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dreaming of warmer climate--Like Kauai

Moondance...we're over here onthe WEst Slope and we got about 10 inches...I too am trolling the Boards dreaming of Kauai... Heard you guys will have warm weather this weekend to melt all that snow!

Jebett...got those mai tais ready yet?

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1,784 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dreaming of warmer climate--Like Kauai

Bless your hearts!!! That same system brought us 60 mile an hour winds/ about 6 inches of rain/flooding/30 degree drop in temp/tornado watches/etc etc.

Need to get our toes back in that warm Kauai sand. I will now pour myself another glass of wine!! Out of schnapps!!

Aloha to some day soon in paradise!!!!!!

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,919 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dreaming of warmer climate--Like Kauai

LOL! I just clicked on this post ... just in case ... you were from Colorado. BINGO!

Sending you Aloha from California ...

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,874 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dreaming of warmer climate--Like Kauai

Aloha from Kaua'i!

Not to make you feel bad....but most of us who live here are grumbling about the hot, grey, sticky weather (NO wind at all) - definitely the most humid that it has been all year - got the ceiling fans going 24/7 and the lanai doors open as well - I call these days "2 shower days"! They said on the news last nite that it was equivalent to 91 degrees here with the humidity factor.

Having lived in an area that had pretty decent snowfall before - I'm still voting for the sticky weather over the cold - I guess that is why I'm living here - lol!

Maybe that will warm you up!

Malama Pono,

Janet