We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iti Wine bar

Carlsbad, California
Level Contributor
1,218 posts
92 reviews
Save Topic
Iti Wine bar

Aloha all,

I just found out Iti Wine Bar is part of Tahiti Nui. They are having a grand opening tonight from 5-7. Wish we were there to imbibe! Oh well, who can I live vicariously through?

California
Level Contributor
35,821 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iti Wine bar

Yes, we have been reporting on that. I tried to go by last week but just got too busy. Maybe someone who is traveling to Hanalei over the North Shore can fill us in. A friend of mine said their wine list is excellent. Tahiti Nui is his favorite place to eat on the NS. He said to try the ravioli.

Carlsbad, California
Level Contributor
1,218 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iti Wine bar

Hi jebett,

Too bad you never made it in. I was looking forward to your thoughts. I will definitely check it out @ the end of this month when we're there and report back. Still, would love to hear from others.

Oh btw, thanks for all your wonderful reporting. You really are priceless to keep us posted while you are on your vacation. When I go to Kaua'i, I try not to even look at a computer. The time there is too short and precious. Nevertheless, I appreciate the folks like you who are selfless.

KauaiBeachLover
Level Contributor
66 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iti Wine bar

The butternut squash ravioli is to die for. The pasta is the perfect consistency, the filling - a buttery goodness and the sauce light and doesn't overpower the flavor of the pasta. The Ono roll is a blessing as well. However tries the wine bar let us know. I can't wait to go in the spring.

California
Level Contributor
35,821 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Iti Wine bar

Yes that's the ravioli my friend mentioned. He too said "it is to die for". You just don't hear much about Tahiti Nui and I am hearing more and more that the food is so good. The chef is supposed to be excellent.

I have not been there in years, so another visit is in order for me too.

Edited: 16 December 2009, 16:31
Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,066 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Iti Wine bar

I did stop in at the Iti Wine bar, last Friday, after a quick stop at Tahihi Nui. I ordered a glass of wine at Tahiti Nui and they gave me the wine list for the Iti Wine Bar, so that indicated to me that they were somehow connected, not just by the adjoining wall. I ordered a glass of wine at the Nui and then another one at the Iti bar. Same price, but the Iti bar was so much quieter and had an elegant feel to it. So, same wine, but very different ambiance.

Because they hadn't had their official grand opening, we were the only ones there until another couple wandered in as we were leaving. What is nice about the Iti Wine Bar, is that you can order just a "taste" of any wine they have, for $4-$19, or a glass from $8-$38 or a bottle from $30-$150. So, its very much like a "wine tasting room" if you just want to experiment with a variety of wines - or you can splurge and share a bottle of very fine wine. Good Idea - Wines from all over the world, but none from Hawaii.

So, in stark contrast to the lively setting next door at Tahiti Nui, the Iti Wine Bar is very quiet with an elegantly sleek decor. I found it odd that they a TV above the bar tuned to a sports channel - and soft rock music playing in the background. Seems to me a more fitting match would be something more classic - either slack key classics, smooth Hawaiian music, piano tinkles or something instrumental. I'm sure they'll find their style once they find their clientele.

We just stayed for the one glass of wine - there wasn't really anything to hold our attention. Might have been more fun if there were people to talk with - the staff were business-like and not into engaging the customers, it seems. Maybe they're new to customer relations and will warm up as time goes on.

We'll try it again once they get going a bit more. It's a bit out of the ordinary for Hanalei town, which is usually a bit more funky 0 this place is very classy. We wish them well.

Carlsbad, California
Level Contributor
1,218 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Iti Wine bar

Thanks hula4me! Just the kind of info I was looking for. I enjoy wine tasting so that'll be fun to check out. I'm also looking forward to that butternut squash ravioli @ the Nui. Does anyone know if the wine bar's serving food and if it's different from the Nui?

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,066 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Iti Wine bar

Why yes, I took the paper Tapas menu home with me! The "iti" searves tapas and desserts from 6-11:30 nightly. They do have the "Homemade butternut Squash Ravioli with Cream Sauce - the price on this menu is $17. With all the recommendations, I'll definitely try that next time. Maybe they would be able to suggest wine pairings. That would be nice!

Here's the rest of the menu for anyone who is interested; They don't seem to have a website yet... Items and prices might change, but here is this week's:

Fresh Fish Tartar $15

Fresh Ahi Carpaccio $16

Pate Platter with fresh baked bread $16

Homemade Butternut Squash Ravioli with cream sauce $17

Mozzarella & Prosciutto $16

Ribeye Skewerw $18

Affetato Misto $22

Mixed Green Salad with Prosciutto Petals and shaved parmesan $20

Lamb Chops with Cilantro Curry $19

Seared Scallops with Orange Tarragon Reduction $18

Homeade Taglioni with Gorgonzola cream sauce $16

Desserts:

Banana Frangelico Creme Brulee $10

Zabaglione with Berry Compote $10

Affogato al Cafe $10

The wine menu is too long to type here -- but they have sparkling and dessert wines, whites and reds - more reds than whites. Prices vary from $4 per taste to $150 for a bottle, with every price in between, depending on the choice.

I don't know if we'll head up there to participate in their grand opening... I'll post later tonight, if so.

Carlsbad, California
Level Contributor
1,218 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Iti Wine bar

EXCELLENT!! Million thanks for the menu. Sorry but the grand opening was last night but do report back with your 2nd impression when you go.

Looks like they've been doing some scoping out over @ BarAcuda. The prices are very similar. Nothing wrong with that, I rather enjoy it there too even tho it is pricey. It's great to have options! There are many items I'd like to try. Can't wait!! I've heard the new Italian chef is fantastic.

Thanks again!

Seattle Washington
Level Contributor
812 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Iti Wine bar

Thanks for the infro, Hula4me. It's on my list as it is always fun to try a new restaurant!

California
Level Contributor
35,821 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Iti Wine bar

<<Looks like they've been doing some scoping out over @ BarAcuda. >>

Ha Ha! I thought the same thing. If their scallops are 1/2 as good as BarAcuda's I will be happy.

Thanks for this menu. It looks fabulous.