We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

South Kauai Condo with Beachfront BBQ area

Maryland
Level Contributor
395 posts
342 reviews
Save Topic
South Kauai Condo with Beachfront BBQ area

Hello All,

Looking for a beachfront\waterfront condo on Kauai for this year. Can you tell me what condo's you know of that have the bbq area with tables and chairs beachfront or waterfront. I have narrowed it down to south area of the island. Give me what you have and I will filter through what's in my price range, etc...

We were fortunate enough to have found a nice condo complex that was laid out perfectly with the bbq and tabels facing the water in Maui. It was so great to have happy hour and tapas and dinner on the water.

Thanks

San Diego...
Level Contributor
4,027 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: South Kauai Condo with Beachfront BBQ area

In august I stayed at the Kiahuna Plantation through a private rental. Perfect beachfront...well kept grounds and a great beach. There are plenty of barbeques throughout the property including a couple close to the beach. I don't recall much in the way of dining tables/picnic tables but they have free chairs you can "rent" and lay a towel down in their well kept grass for a great picnic.

My wife and I bbq'd quite a bit when we were there enjoying the bbq on our lanai.

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
14,710 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: South Kauai Condo with Beachfront BBQ area

Kiahuna would be a good choice for you. Here is a map of the complex and they have several BBQs on the property.

parrishkauai.com/kauai-condos/kiahuna_sitepl…

There are several websites you can check out for rentals. Parrish Kauai only has two unit available.

parrishkauai.com/kauai-condos/kiahuna-planta…

Here are some other websites to check out:

vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/…kiahuna-plantation

outrigger.com/hotels-resorts/hawaiian-island…

castleresorts.com/Home/accommodations/kiahun…

California
Level Contributor
1,939 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: South Kauai Condo with Beachfront BBQ area

outrigger kiahuna is great

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
53,978 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: South Kauai Condo with Beachfront BBQ area

I would look at the Poipu Kapili as well. It's smaller size compared to the Kiahuna is nice.

http://www.poipukapili.com/

Venice, Florida
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
3,120 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: South Kauai Condo with Beachfront BBQ area

Another small complex you might want to consider is Poipu Makai. These condos are not on a beach, but sit on a rocky bluff within walking distance to Poipu Beach Park. There is a small pool and barbeque area oceanfront with beautiful views.

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
16,998 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: South Kauai Condo with Beachfront BBQ area

Kimocat has hit on other options - the string of smaller condo developments along Pe'e Road, waterfront.

Along with Poipu Makai, there is Poipu Shores, Sunset Kahili, Poipu Palms and Makahuena. All of these are waterfront, cliffside.

Kiahuna Plantation and Poipu Kapili would be my choice. I think all of them have barbecues. As far as tables right by the barbecues I can't say. I know Poipu Kapili has poolside tables close to the barbecues. I don't believe Kiahuna does.

7. Re: South Kauai Condo with Beachfront BBQ area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2010, 05:19