We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Houses with pool and ac?? (princeville and poipu)

New Albany, Ohio
Level Contributor
182 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Houses with pool and ac?? (princeville and poipu)

Anyone stay at a house in the princeville and poipu area that has both a pool and AC?? Looking to keep the price around 1000 per couple (3 couples, so 3 bedrooms)

I've researched a few but just looking for some honest opinions.

Thanks!

John

California
Level Contributor
36,384 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Houses with pool and ac?? (princeville and poipu)

Never stayed at these but here's some ideas. Finding A/C and a house with a pool is tough.

www.summitpacificinc.com/hale-emmalani.html

summitpacificinc.com/hanalei-bay-view-home.h…

summitpacificinc.com/honu-kai-villas-3.html

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
16,708 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Houses with pool and ac?? (princeville and poipu)

You might want to clarify your budget. You say 3 couples and $1,000 per couple. Are you talking $3,000 for the duration of your stay? How many nights are you staying? This makes a big difference. How about just saying what your total budget is per night. That would make comparisons easier.

New Albany, Ohio
Level Contributor
182 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Houses with pool and ac?? (princeville and poipu)

1000 per couple... per week.

so each place around the 3000 range for 1 week.

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
16,708 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Houses with pool and ac?? (princeville and poipu)

So, $3,000 total outlay, for one week, total for all 3 couples combined.

You're talking then roughly $450 a night, total. It will be hard to get a whole house with a pool and central air conditioning for that amount. A smaller home , not on the water, possibly a small pool or spa, but not on the water. But definitely not with central air conditioning to boot. The costs of electricity, which the owner would want reimbursement for, is extremely high on Kauai.

Hawaii
Level Contributor
518 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Houses with pool and ac?? (princeville and poipu)

Here's a list of homes with pools (all prices). A good deal may be found in places with shared pools like the Sunset drive community in Princeville (where you'll practically have the pool to yourself anyway):

http://www.hawaiigaga.com/SearchResults.aspx?md=G&q=%22pool+house%22&is=1&ps=20&kws=1

In a home AC is very rarely needed (lots of windows facing every which way), especially if you have a swimming pool! :)

New Albany, Ohio
Level Contributor
182 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Houses with pool and ac?? (princeville and poipu)

I've never been to Kauai so is AC really needed? I see these million dollar homes with no AC so they must know something I dont. hahhaa

Found on in poipu that is in our price range.. http://www.vrbo.com/122262

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
16,708 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Houses with pool and ac?? (princeville and poipu)

Well, wow. I walk past that house frequently and have to say it's a very nice home in a very good location. Frankly, I'm very surprised it's going for so cheaply per night. Even though it comes with central AC I don't think it's needed on Kauai and you may not even turn it on. The fresh tropical trades blowing through a home is much nicer.

I'd run, not walk, and book it. Not because of the air conditioning but because of the home itself and the location and the pool.

California
Level Contributor
36,384 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Houses with pool and ac?? (princeville and poipu)

Napaguy: Where is the house located? It doesn't have a view as far as I can see. $400 a night certainly sounds good for Poipu but if the OP plans on coming later in the year he might want to consider the North Shore.

Many homes don't have A/C but during the summer and fall it is nice to have but not a must!

New Albany, Ohio
Level Contributor
182 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Houses with pool and ac?? (princeville and poipu)

We're planning to leave on Sept 15th.. 1 week in Poipu.. 1 week in Princeville.

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
16,708 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Houses with pool and ac?? (princeville and poipu)

Jebett (and the OP).......

If this is the house I'm thinking, it is in the Bayview villas area. I do see the view of Mt. Haupu from the backyard area. There aren't that many vacation rental homes in Poipu area. There are homes in the neighborhoods by the Hyatt (which is where I believe this one is) and a few homes across from Brennecke's Beach and then some more over in the Lawai area. In Poipu, unless they opt for a waterfront home, the views are not going to be all that spectacular. But with home rentals , not everyone is concerned about distance views. The immediate amenities of the home, it's landscaping, gardens, etc., are oftentimes the main draw.

If the OP wants a home with more of a view then, yes, look up in Princeville by all means. I'm responding to the question with Poipu information because that's my familiarity. Take it away, Jebett, if you have some that fit the bill for the north shore. As of the time I made that post the OP had not yet given us the dates. If they do, and it's a good time for the north shore, then they definitely should look there also. Personally, I don't see needing AC in a home on the north shore, anytime of the year, but to each their own and the OP is the only one who can decide that.