We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendations on great vacation rentals for Kauai?

Laguna Beach...
1 post
Save Topic
Recommendations on great vacation rentals for Kauai?

My family of four plus a close family friend are going to Kauai in June for a summer vacation. Were looking for a nice home by the beach to rent for 10 days. I prefer to experience the 'local' living while in Kauai thus we want to stay at a home rather than hotel. Any recommendations of a good property - 3 or 4 bedroom close to the beach on the north part of the island?

Thank you!

California
Level Contributor
39,638 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommendations on great vacation rentals for Kauai?

How about giving us a budget. Do you want to be in Hanalei and as close to the beach as possible?

Mentioned in this post
Hanalei
Hanalei
Kauai, HI
Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
43,108 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommendations on great vacation rentals for Kauai?

I was thinking either Anini, Hanalei or Haena for you - you just have to make sure they are legal rentals. This is where I would look for the ultimate summer. Oh, you could also look in Kilauea, though that would involve more driving to get to the best beaches in the summer. Good luck! :)

www.kauaivacationresorts.com/north.html

vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/…north

Mentioned in this post
Hanalei
Hanalei
Kauai, HI
Haena
Haena
Kauai, HI
Kilauea
Kilauea
Kauai, HI
Venice, Florida
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
3,126 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommendations on great vacation rentals for Kauai?

I agree with coalminer, those are nice areas. My preference would be Anini Beach. There are some great houses you can rent there. One I particularly like is called Hale Kai which you can rent either thru Serenity Rentals or Nakea Vacation Rentals (the owners). It is a fairly large three bedroom two bath on a great stretch of beach which is usually very quiet. It's the kind of place where you can get up in the morning and walk along the sand hearing pretty much nothing except birds, surf and you might see the occassional local fisherman.

Mentioned in this post
Anini Beach
Anini Beach
678 Reviews
Kauai, HI
4. Re: Recommendations on great vacation rentals for Kauai?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2010, 07:17