We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Johnny Depp Fans?????

California
Level Contributor
37,641 posts
121 reviews
Save Topic
Johnny Depp Fans?????

Guess what? Johnny Depp is coming to Kauai. The next installment of the Pirates franchise is being shot on Oahu and Kauai this summer. I might just have to make a trip over.

From Pacific Biz:

The fourth installment of the “Pirates of the Caribbean” movie franchise will be filmed in Hawaii this summer, state officials said Monday.

“Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides,” starring Johnny Depp, will film on Kauai and Oahu this summer, Bob Iger, president and CEO of The Walt Disney Co., told Gov. Linda Lingle on Friday, Lingle’s office said.

The film production is expected to generate an estimated $85 million in direct and indirect spending in the state, and is expected to create hundreds of jobs for local residents. The movie is scheduled to be released in summer 2011.

“We’ve always sought out the most extraordinary and exotic locations for the ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’ films,” producer Jerry Bruckheimer said in a statement, “and previously shot briefly on both Maui and Molokai for ‘Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End.’ Hawaii provides an amazing range of both land and seascapes, and we’re delighted to return for ‘On Stranger Tides.’”

Disney plans to open its first Hawaii resort at Ko Olina in 2011. The company’s ABC network is wrapping up production on the final season of its hit TV series “Lost” after nearly six years in Hawaii.

boston
Level Contributor
398 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Johnny Depp Fans?????

I'm just thankful they didn't steal my rental car when I went to Molokai. . . there wasn't a car to be had, while they were filming. . . .and many tourists were left wheele less and stranded on a very stranded isle.

California
Level Contributor
37,641 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Johnny Depp Fans?????

Good heads up. I'm sure the local paper will let us know the exact dates of filming.

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Venice, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
9,751 posts
510 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Johnny Depp Fans?????

One of my favorite men, after husband, of course, and Andy Garcia.. :-)

La Verne, Ca.
Level Contributor
657 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Johnny Depp Fans?????

I was hoping you were going to say he was going to be in Kauai for the whole month of Feb. darn!!!

California
Level Contributor
37,641 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Johnny Depp Fans?????

bebe:

You'll just have to return in August.

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,957 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Johnny Depp Fans?????

Aloha from Kaua'i!

Oh boy! Now THAT will be a casting call I will definitely attend if it is an open one!

Johnny Depp - one of my all-time favorite actors, not for big block-buster films like this one - but for his off-beat characters in some of his more "indie" films - I absolutely adore "The Libertine"!

And while I had serious doubts about him playing the lead in my beloved "Sweeney Todd" - I think he did a great job - just different.

Now he would be one I'd have a hard time NOT staring at I'm afraid if I saw him here! Yum-yum!!

Malama Pono,

Janet

California
Level Contributor
37,641 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Johnny Depp Fans?????

OMG! George Clooney will also be making a movie in Hawaii this summer but I don't know which island. Matt Damon just finished one on Maui.

California
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Johnny Depp Fans?????

DAMN..!! I booked my trip too soon.. lol.. Actually the last one was filmed when I was in the Carribean in Dominica during Med school.. I'll post up pictures of the Black Pearl on this site (once i find them on my external HD)... and my brother and daughter happened to be sitting behind him and his kids when they were in san diego during Comicon at the movies watching Part 3.. lol.. Man... I just keep missing the most amazing, talented, gorgeous man on earth... just my luck...

Bummer... screw Egypt in the summer, might just have to come back to Kauai!

California
Level Contributor
37,641 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Johnny Depp Fans?????

The pyramids can wait....Johnny can't!

Have fun where ever you go.

Hana, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,076 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Johnny Depp Fans?????

Who the He** wants Johnny when you can have me! LOL

I'll even help you learn to surf and teach you a thing or two about "Kauai". Johnny can't do that.

I rest my case.