We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Poipu Bay Golf From The Hyatt ?

Boston
Level Contributor
52 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Poipu Bay Golf From The Hyatt ?

How far is it from the Grand Hyatt to the Poipu Bay Course?

Is it walkable?

I can see it on Google Maps but it doesn't look easily accesible without getting into the rental car.

Any tips for a Kauai first timer would be appreciated.

Maybe there is a shuttle from the hotel?

Canada
Level Contributor
9,225 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Poipu Bay Golf From The Hyatt ?

You can walk to the Golf Course easily. It is directly next door....across a parking lot/ service lane.

Now there was some talk about a closure of the course for a major refurbishment. Not sure if that is still in the works or has been put off. heard that a while back.

The Clubhouse Restaurant has always been a great spot for Lunch....great views......watching the approach on the 18th.

The Clubhouse itself has many Grand Slam pics from tournaments past........terrific collection.

Venice, Florida
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
3,120 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Poipu Bay Golf From The Hyatt ?

Yes, it is an easy walk. But it might depend on how much junk you are dragging along with you. I wouldn't really want to drag my bag full of clubs, shoes, etc. I've heard about the possible renovation too -- I would check with the Poipu Bay Pro shop before you go.

3. Re: Poipu Bay Golf From The Hyatt ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 July 2010, 05:18