We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay on the island for a month?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
252 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
where to stay on the island for a month?

my newly husband and arrived yesterday and have a week booked in Poipu. We would like to get an affordable rental for a month somewhere in the island. Where should we go in the island, somewhere with nice beaches, affordable accommodation, supermarket? and where should we look for an affordable monthly rental? Thanks

California
Level Contributor
36,656 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to stay on the island for a month?

I would try Craigslist but I must say you are doing this pretty last minute.

I tried to help a friend find a monthly rental for Feb in Princeville (where I thought there would be more) and was hard pressed to find anything decent for the entire month. I found some for 2 or 3 weeks but then she would have to move for the one week. On Craigslist you can also ask for a monthly rental.

You could go on this site and type in your dates and all the "for rent by owne"r or agent listings for those dates will pop up. Don't be scared off by the prices. You can always negotiate for a longer rental.

http://www.summitpacificinc.com/

Click on the calendar on the left side and tell it you want the entire island.

For what you are looking for I bet you can find something in Kapaa. The beaches are pretty, but not good for swimming. I am thinking of Pono Kai, Wailua Bay Villas and a few others behind the Coconut Marketplace.

Good luck.

Venice, Florida
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
3,117 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to stay on the island for a month?

Most owners of vacation rentals probably do not have an entire month of availability on such short notice, if the units are nice at all. But you might also try the Garden Island Newspaper where you can sometimes find longer term rentals. Owners might be willing to do a month for you if they have nothing yet. I agree that looking in the Wailua - Kapaa area would be a good idea and probably more affordable than eitherd north or south shores.

Hawaii
Level Contributor
518 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to stay on the island for a month?

Since you are on island already why not drive around and check out the areas? Kapaa and Prineville are the main choices besides Poipu.

Feb is the busiest time of year so getting a place is tricky. I was searching for a month rental for someone last week and came up with the following list (some may no longer be available):

www.hawaiigaga.com/SavedProperties.aspx…

The prices are pretty high but because you're staying for a month and doing last minute I bet you can get a super deal.

Hawaii
Level Contributor
518 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where to stay on the island for a month?

Here's another one to consider:

greatvacationretreats.com/Emmalani-Court-325…

I've seen people get awesome deals from this company.

5. Re: where to stay on the island for a month?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2010, 07:16