We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monico's Taqueria Kapaa

new hampshire
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Topic
Monico's Taqueria Kapaa

Very dissappointing. The food was very bland and dry. The noise level was incredible and that was when the restaurant was near to closing and not all the tables were full.

I had the chicken flauntas (sp) - first the chicken wasn't shredded and if it wasn't for the sour cream, there would have been nothing to add moisture.

Better bet - go across the street to the Birck Oven Pizza.

California
Level Contributor
35,276 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Monico's Taqueria Kapaa

Please post this under restaurant reviews.

I have never eaten there but its a favorite of a very good friend of mine who lives on the island. Sorry your experience was bad.

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
14,265 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Monico's Taqueria Kapaa

We never eat Mexican in Hawaii. I live in So Cal so any place on Kauai will be a huge disappointment. I've never been to this place, either. Sorry you had such a bad experience.

Edited: 15 March 2010, 01:42
Wailua
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
1,753 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Monico's Taqueria Kapaa

Sorry you had a bad experience there. I've eaten there often and enjoyed my meal, but I've always had the fish tacos or the veggie burrito (my family eats vegetarian+fish). As martik mentioned, the food isn't quite up to California-Mexican standards, but it got to be quite popular with locals as the first Mexican restaurant on-island.

The noise is sadly an issue, inside is a bit loud and outside is close to the road. We always eat outside, as far from the road as we can. Rents are sky-high for businesses on Kaua'i, so restaurants just starting out don't get the best locations. It does have the advantage of being very family friendly, small kids can run around on the grass in the courtyard.

Boston
Level Contributor
342 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Monico's Taqueria Kapaa

I'm new to this particular forum, but I have to say that I have to wonder why someone joins the board and makes a first post just to complain about one meal at one restaurant.

Edited: 15 March 2010, 16:48
5. Re: Monico's Taqueria Kapaa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2010, 06:18