We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yoga

Poulsbo, WA
Level Contributor
140 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Yoga

I will be in Kauai in a couple weeks - My husband and I are staying at the Waipouli Beach Resort with another couple. Us wifes would like to get away for a morning yoga class possibly and were wondering if there are any recommendations in the close by area for this.

Thanks -

Schaumburg, IL
Level Contributor
792 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yoga

Hi,

While visiting Kauai in Feb I stayed at the Grand Hyatt and was able to practice yoga a few times at their fitness center. Since we were Hyatt guests I was able to use the fitness center without paying for classes, but I know that others in my class were not Hyatt guests, so one must be able to pay for classes. I think you are staying at the Marriott property on Poipu beach, right? If so, then you will be pretty close to the Hyatt, you could call and ask about what arrangements they offer non-guests? I really enjoyed the classes that I took and the studio was in a beautiful little garden w/ open doors and birds chirping outside. I hope you have a great trip!

Wailua
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
1,752 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Yoga

The closest Yoga studio is Bikram Yoga (the heated, humid one) in the Dragon building in Kapaa (at the intersection with Kukui St, right in the center of the "old" town--as opposed to the shopping strip). It's about a mile, so either a quick drive or a longish walk, though walking has the benefit of taking Moanakai Rd and the coastal bike path right by the ocean.

Here's there website: http://www.bikramyogaretreats.com/

While googling that, it looks like there's another Bikram Yoga in Kapaa:

http://www.bikramyogakapaa.com/

Actually, that is right across the highway from your resort, behind the Lemongrass grill I believe (it's hidden behind other buildings so I haven't seen it yet).

In the Safeway shopping center across the street from the Waipouli resort is Papaya's Natural Food, the biggest natural food store on Kaua'i. They have a community bulletin board outside where you might also find other classes around the island, though tending towards the north shore.

Seattle Washington
Level Contributor
810 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Yoga

I am on the N.S. and there numerous yoga studios here and the instructors have been excellent. I would be very happy to ask in my class in the AM about classes around Kapaa. Great infro from KH on Bikram yoga.

Poulsbo, WA
Level Contributor
140 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Yoga

Thank you all so much for the info. I would love if you could ask your instructor if there were any others in the Kapaa area. Something held outdoors would be fabulous but I realize that is most likely a long shot.

The info on the Natural food store was fabulous. I live right next to a large Natural food store and we do all our shopping there so it will be great to have one close to where we are staying.

I am so excited for our trip. Less than two weeks now. Yay! :)

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
14,256 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Yoga

Medi-Spa in Koloa used to have yoga classes but discontinued them due to lack of interest. I was told by a resident that Lawai Beach Resort (on Lawai Road in Poipu) has Yoga classes but I'm not sure if those are open to non-guests. A day pass to the Anara Spa (at the Hyatt) will be very expensive!

Poulsbo, WA
Level Contributor
140 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Yoga

KH - thanks for the info. Looked up the Kapaa website and it looks great. I think my friend and I will definitely be checking them out. Some yoga while on Kauai sound like a fabulous addition to our trip.

Seattle Washington
Level Contributor
810 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Yoga

I hope that works out for you. My instructor was not familiar with any of the classes in Kapaa, but said he would ask a few people and let me know on Monday. It is always nice to have a back up as in my experience on vacation here there always seem to be time conflicts. Good luck and enjoy.

Schaumburg, IL
Level Contributor
792 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Yoga

So sorry for my bad info on the yoga, for some reason I was thinking that you were staying at the Waiohai Beach Resort not the Waipouli. Hope that you have a great time and find your inner peace :)

Heidi

9. Re: Yoga

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2010, 05:17