We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Advisor Party/ get together between May 20- June 8 2010

Ventura ,CA
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Topic
Trip Advisor Party/ get together between May 20- June 8 2010

who else will be on island during those dates and wants to organize a trip advisor get together. Michele

Newark, New Jersey
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Advisor Party/ get together between May 20- June 8 2010

my husband and I will be there from May 25-30th. Staying at the St. Regis. I am still working out the schedule. We have dinner lined up each night, but daytime I have nothing planned just yet.

Would love to get together.

Drums, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
771 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Advisor Party/ get together between May 20- June 8 2010

My wife and I will be there May 21st thru June 3rd.

We will be staying at The Cliff's in Princeville.

I would be willing to meet for drinks or Pupu's some day.

I will be traveling on business the next two weeks right up until the day we leave, so I am sorry but I won't have the time to organize.

Let me know when and where and we will try to make it.

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,096 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Advisor Party/ get together between May 20- June 8 2010

I could do the week of the 23rd except Monday and Thursday. If we did it Friday I might be able to convince Kealohanui to come, too.

Salem, New Hampshire
Level Contributor
794 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Advisor Party/ get together between May 20- June 8 2010

We will be in Kauai 5/18 - 6/1, staying in Lihue, and would be interested in meeting up. An afternoon/Happy Hour timeframe would be ideal as hubby will be playing LOTS of golf. We are willing to drive most anywhere on the island and our only firm commitment is the Kauai Polynesian Festival's lauau at the Grand Hyatt.

Sounds like fun! What would be required to "organize" this? Would we need reservations? Or do we just collectively decide on a good location and publish details here?

Michelle

Ventura ,CA
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Advisor Party/ get together between May 20- June 8 2010

collectively decide on a location sounds good, i was at one point thinking of being a vendor at the polynesian festival but decided not to at the last minute. but i read about the luau on friday night and it sounded like fun too. so we will try to schedule around it.

Ventura ,CA
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Advisor Party/ get together between May 20- June 8 2010

what about wednesday or saturday,or sunday?

Ventura ,CA
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Advisor Party/ get together between May 20- June 8 2010

i agree with pzp that the week of the 23rd sounds good, but not on tuesday, thurs, or friday because of schedule conflicts with pzp, and mchall6252. so i'm thinking that sunday 23rd , monday 24th, wednesday 26th ,or saturaday the 29th are ok. and lihue sounds like a central location for most. i vote that pzp pick the bar/ place to meet . and i suggest that we meet around 4 pm ish but i am totally flexible on the time. why doesn't everyone post their preference of the above posted days and suggest a time and we will go from there. oh and pzp you pick the place. ok i'm really looking foreward to meeting you all,

take care and see you all soon,michele

Salem, New Hampshire
Level Contributor
794 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip Advisor Party/ get together between May 20- June 8 2010

Doesn't Duke's have a good bar? How about there on Sunday the 23rd for drinks and appetizers?

California
Level Contributor
35,295 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip Advisor Party/ get together between May 20- June 8 2010

Even though I can't be there (sniff sniff) here are other suggestions for meet and greet in the Kapaa/Lihue area.

Tradewinds Bar, Dukes Barefoot Bar, Marketstreet Diner, Kalapaki Joes, new Oasis restaurant at Waipouli Beach Resort.

Have fun.

Ventura ,CA
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip Advisor Party/ get together between May 20- June 8 2010

sunday the 23rd sounds good to me, all who agree say AYE !!! jebett we will all have a cold one in your honor. in fact maybe 3 or 4 if we aren't driving.