We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

walk around Emmalani Court to Pali Ke Kua to view sunset

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
111 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
walk around Emmalani Court to Pali Ke Kua to view sunset

My question is If we stay in Emmalani court building #2, is it possible to walk around building #1 and into PKK complex without having to go out on the main road ? I hope someone can answer this.

haines, alaska
Destination Expert
for Haines
Level Contributor
7,076 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: walk around Emmalani Court to Pali Ke Kua to view sunset

Yes, there are sidewalks all through the neighborhood and there was no gate at the PKK entrance last time we were there........

California
Level Contributor
36,716 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: walk around Emmalani Court to Pali Ke Kua to view sunset

...but the sidewalks are on the main road.

Kailua, Hawaii
Level Contributor
737 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: walk around Emmalani Court to Pali Ke Kua to view sunset

Here's an aerial view of Emmalani Court.

www.wizardpub.com/media/kr-emmalani.jpg

The bulding just to the left of building #1 is actuallly a Pali Ke Kua building, so I think it's doable.

Here's an aerial view of the Pali Ke Kua complex. It shows that you will have a bit of a walk through the complex to get to the bluff looking out at the sunset.

hawaiigaga.com/Images/…pali-ke-kua-s1.jpg

Hank

Edited: 08 May 2010, 19:57
NE PA
Level Contributor
952 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: walk around Emmalani Court to Pali Ke Kua to view sunset

There is an opening through the fence that seperates the two properties. It is located behind the Emmalani Court swimming pool and enters the Pali Ke Kua parking lot between buildings 11 and 13. People from both properties us the opening as a shortcut. Take a look at the layout on the link below. Emmalani is at the very bottom where the arrow points to "golf course". The path connects at the lowest point of the parking lot on the drawing.

…alohaliving.com/princeville-condo-sales/fil…

Best sunset watching is by unit 224 which is out on the point.

Here are pictures I took from there.

…webshots.com/photo/2955515720065710077ZrUYYZ

…webshots.com/photo/2044865010065710077KfqCEJ

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
111 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: walk around Emmalani Court to Pali Ke Kua to view sunset

thanks so much for the quick and detailed response.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
111 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: walk around Emmalani Court to Pali Ke Kua to view sunset

dfarr: nice pictures ! the hideways trail looks very steep. we may not attempt with a 6 and 3 yr olds. did you stay at PKK? I am getting only 1st floor units, which is making me decide on Emmalani. The ones that are avail. at PKK are also away from bali hai view, they are more towards the golf course, so i thought might as well get a newer updated unit with AC.

7. Re: walk around Emmalani Court to Pali Ke Kua to view sunset

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 November 2010, 06:30