We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hale Elena Private Home, Poipu

Grand Junction, CO
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Hale Elena Private Home, Poipu

I would like to hear from anyone who has stayed in this home or knows anything about it. Thank you.

Michigan
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Hale Elena Private Home, Poipu

First of all if you are looking for walking out your door and swimming - I don't think this is the place - again, I am not 100% sure but I think there is a road running in front of this house and I would think where this is located is the big construction of Koloa Landing behind it -- I could be wrong and I apologize if I am. You would basically have to go down the road to the Sheraton for a nice sandy beach.

Venice, Florida
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
3,117 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hale Elena Private Home, Poipu

I think you are right Kauaiger. I'm pretty sure this house is on the road that was a deter fora while for main traffic and that would put the roaed between it and the ocean. The road is not that busy now, but the Koloa Landing project is right behind it. There is just rocky shoreline there and not a place you would want to swim, but it is only a couple of blocks down to the Sheraton's beach, which is nice, but can be crowded. I stayed next door once, but have not been inside. I did notice walking past on our last trip over that the house and yard looked very nice.

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,880 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hale Elena Private Home, Poipu

Aloha from Kaua'i!

I've not stayed there, but I drive by it just about every day - it is located on Ho'onani Rd. - which runs along the ocean just down from the Sheraton Kaua'i - it looks very nice and well kept from the road - Ho'onani Rd. is not a main thoroughfare, but does get a fair share of traffic - however there is also a walking path along the ocean on this road, so you can easily walk across the street and watch the sunsets from there - many people do from this location!

Lots of honu as well feeding on the lava rock shelf just off the road - you can see them almost at any time, but especially early morning and before sunset.

The downside? It is located directly in front of Koloa Landing Development - a 25 acre luxury condo project that is in the construction phase - there is black tarp behind every building on Ho'onani Rd. that backs up to this property - here is a map showing it in relation to Ho'onani Rd.:

http://www.koloalanding.com/master_plan.html

As best as I can figure, Hale Elena is closest to "C" on this map - with Ho'onani Rd. being the area directly behind the line that denotes the ocean.

I'd be sure and ask your rental agent where this property is located in relation to active construction on this project - just to be sure!

Malama Pono,

Janet

Michigan
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Hale Elena Private Home, Poipu

Whew glad I was right about the location. I think for $425 a night you could find a much better location with the possible beep beep of trucks early in the morning. Seems rather steep to me! I would look at houses (if this is what you are looking for) closer to Spouting Horn. Sorry not great on the road names - I am more of a name the location with landmarks! LOL

5. Re: Hale Elena Private Home, Poipu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 November 2010, 07:29