We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car rental

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
207 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
car rental

Has anyone ever rented from Condo Exchange? They called me last night and said they were responding to my email. I don't remember looking at the website so maybe they are connected to another site? I'm afraid it is a scam.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
44,070 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: car rental

Follow your gut. If I responded to (or even believed!) half of the emails I get -- Whoa ... no way. You are smart to ask.

(I don't know that this has to do with a car....?)

Encinitas, CA
Level Contributor
168 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: car rental

i just googled "condo exchange" and found "Hawaii Condo Exchange" which also offers various travel services, such as car rentals.

The question i'd ask is how the heck they got your phone #? you should try and go back to the websites you can remember filling out personal information on and see if there is a connection. Personally, I try and limit the sites where I disclose my phone # and home address. They can send whatever they want to my designated spam email address!

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
16,904 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: car rental

Probably not a scam but then again you don't need them either. If it's Hawaii Condo Exchange it's located in Los Angeles. Looks like they offer car rentals along with condo rentals at a few places on Kauai. All very vague and units aren't listed by unit number. Hard to say what their connection is to these places and exactly how do they represent them. Quite likely they're just an intermediary or middle-man. They can't be the actual on-island property manager.

None of this is necessarily bad, but....you just don't need it. There are enough on-island property managers on Kauai who actually maintain and rent their units locally and provide their local services. And there's enough availability with these local companies right now with occupancies so low.

4. Re: car rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 December 2010, 08:19