We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

starwoods platitum benefits

virginia
Level Contributor
119 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
starwoods platitum benefits

I have been looking at hotels in Kauai and can not find a starwoods that offers Platitum benefits. Any suggestions ? After all we stay at Starwoods hotels on business so that we can have the benefits of breakfast etc but do not see this in Kauai

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,273 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: starwoods platitum benefits

Yup...call Florida! They can and should help you out!

virginia
Level Contributor
119 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: starwoods platitum benefits

Florida? Is the the Starwoods home?

virginia
Level Contributor
119 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: starwoods platitum benefits

guess that is the reason my neighbors are switching to Marriott for business travel. They always give benefits.

The St Regis in Beijing was wonderful with a breakfast each day however Princeville does not seem to offer anything

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,273 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: starwoods platitum benefits

Yup...Florida! The number should be on the back of your Platium Card!!

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,273 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: starwoods platitum benefits

Sheesh..Platinum even!

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,273 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: starwoods platitum benefits

Hmmm...Marriott or Starwood. For me it's a "horse of a diifferent color"! Done both, choose Starwood.

California
Level Contributor
36,451 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: starwoods platitum benefits

I would think St Regis offers more upgrades for platinum benefits.

Breakfast maybe not, but upgraded rooms yes.

By all means call Starwood.

I choose Starwood too!

Marriott is wonderful for business travel but Starwood has much better properties all over the world.

We stayed with points at a Sheraton in Sydney and got concierge floor. I thought I died and went to heaven and it was just an upgraded Sheraton. They are great!!!!

Edited: 25 June 2010, 04:41
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: starwoods platitum benefits

My husband is Starwood Platinum and we have stayed at the Kauai Sheraton over 5 times in the last few years. Every time we book the cheapest room online (including Cash+ Points) and every time we have received an upgrade to an ocean view/front room, twice ocean view/front suites (including the one that over looks the lu'au.) I strongly recommend booking with cash+points if it's available.

As far as other Platinum amenities go, they provide free water, internet, and discounts for beach rentals and food. I'm not 100% sure, but they also might waive the resort fee. Valet parking is definitely included. I'd recommend calling the property directly, they are super nice and friendly, and they'll fill you in on all the Platinum benefits.

I haven't stayed at the Princeville since it converted to a St. Regis. When we stayed there in 2007, we also booked an inexpensive room and they upgraded us to a suite.

virginia
Level Contributor
119 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: starwoods platitum benefits

yes platinum and at about $500 a night they could offer something!!!!

We may stay part of the time at the Sheraton but do not know. Of course we need nights to keep up the platinum for next year.

I am interested in how Marriott handles top tier members???? I will continue platinum this year because I am so close however I would be interested in experiences of the other chains for next year

I also have a lot of Intercontinental stays but they are not in Kauai...

virginia
Level Contributor
119 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: starwoods platitum benefits

thank you so much...I will call the Sheraton. It sounds great