We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TA get together in August in Poipu?

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
14,415 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
TA get together in August in Poipu?

We will be on the island in August. I've yet to make it to a get together. Anyone intersted in a get together in Poipu August 8-20? Maybe Brennecke's for lunch or Kalapaki Joe's for Happy Hour? I've love to try out Kalapaki Joe's (the new location is Poipu).

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,066 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: TA get together in August in Poipu?

I am moving from Wailua to the Poipu area this week for three months, so I'll be around if there's a get-together. Might be fun to try the new Kalapaki Joe's.

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: TA get together in August in Poipu?

Hi,

We will be there the 9th - 17th. Let me know what day you pick. I would love to join you.

Christiane - how about you and your DH?

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,415 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TA get together in August in Poipu?

We are wide open but my husband is working the 2nd week we are there. So how about August 12th (Thursday) at 4:00 p.m. at Kalapaki Joe's? Gives us an excuse to try it.

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,874 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: TA get together in August in Poipu?

Aloha from Kaua'i!

Works for me as well - I went there for lunch a couple of weeks ago and it was quite nice - a really huge menu as well.

Thursdays work well for me.

Malama Pono,

Janet

Encinitas, CA
Level Contributor
168 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: TA get together in August in Poipu?

<<We will be there the 9th - 17th. Let me know what day you pick. I would love to join you.

Christiane - how about you and your DH?>> from 4HppyCmprs

That would be awesome! it would be so fun to meet some fellow TA forum posters! :o)

We are leaving Kauai the morning of Friday the 13th (we'll be on the island Aug 6-13), it would be nice to do something earlier in the week as I'm sure the last full day we have, DH will not want me to nag him with a planned event(sometimes it's like pulling niho (teeth) to get him out to social gatherings!). But also, it being our last full day, it's always tough to do anything other than NOT have the day planned! If there's a get-together earlier in the week, we might be more likely to make it out... BUT whatever time gets solidified, please let me know (monica, you can PM me!)! I will see what we can do!

As of now, our schedule is really OPEN. The only things we have on our agenda are: 1) snorkel and surf, 2) a few hikes, 3) *maybe* a horsebackride tour, 4) "cruise" by the seat of our pants .. er... lava lavas (or as Jared calls them, muumuus). ... oh yes, and play uke on the beach! Jared bought me a uke last weekend and it has been FUN to play!!! I'm trying to arrange a Hawaiian version of "Rainbow Connection"! LOL!

I'll keep watching this post to see if a date and time get finalized! :o)

thanks Martik for posting this!

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,415 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: TA get together in August in Poipu?

I think Thursday, the 12th may be the best date for all. Monday is the 9th and some are just arriving, Tuesday and Wednesdays I know Janet is busy and we have zipling already scheduled for the 11th. Nothing fancy, just get together for pupus and some happy hour mai tais! And share stories (I think that's "Talk Story"). I plan on walking over at 3:30 to get a table for everyone so come on over early.

Encinitas, CA
Level Contributor
168 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: TA get together in August in Poipu?

3:30, August 12 @ Kalapaki Joe's?

I've entered it into my phone calendar! :o) I'm hoping we're not doing NS beaches that day. If not, will really push to be there! :o)

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: TA get together in August in Poipu?

Sounds super........Kalapaki Joes....and I beleive we will be there for happy hour drink prices. been there twice now, and had good experiences.

Will let Erica know...

Mahalo

Denny

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,415 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: TA get together in August in Poipu?

<<Kalapaki Joes....and I beleive we will be there for happy hour drink prices>>

Yep, Happy Hour is from 3:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. We will be walking over from Nihi Kai and may come earlier (between 3:00 and 3:30). I think I might leave the kids back at the condo with a sitter or just have them come for a few minutes. They're not into all the grown up talk! :)

Encinitas, CA
Level Contributor
168 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: TA get together in August in Poipu?

<<They're not into all the grown up talk! :)>>

As long as "grown-up" talk isn't about work.. then I'm there! :oD haha!